Liverpool City Centre, L3 9AG
£45,000-£50,000 per annum
Pemanent, Full Time
An award-winning performance and technology business have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Data Scientist to join their team in Liverpool.
One of the UK and Europe’s fastest growing tech companies, they have been featured in Tech Track 100 (The Sunday Times) and FT1000 (Financial Times) and are the fifth-fastest growing tech company in the north of the UK (Tech Nation).
In the business since 2002, they use their own digital assets, emerging technologies and a unique network of premium UK publishers to find and engage hard-to-reach in-market consumers as they research their next purchase online.
The company specialises in the automotive and property industries, with an extensive client list including BMW, VW Group, Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Hyundai, Yopa and eMoov.
The Data Scientis Role
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join The Lead Agency in the role of Data Scientist. Reporting to the Head of Data Insight, the role will be wholly focused on the support and delivery of key Big Data projects across the business. The role holder will work in tandem with technology, R&D and development teams within the business to create statistical learning models that drive key business systems and processes.
As an expert in the application of statistical analysis and data modelling techniques, you will work with internal technology and infrastructure owners to develop data capture, cleansing, enrichment and verification processes to maximise the value of data inflows to the business. You will transform large, unstructured data flows into structured, queryable datasets, and subsequently develop statistical models to systematically interrogate datasets to produce actionable insights. You will leverage your knowledge of and experience with machine learning applications to make applications automatable and self-sufficient.
Data Scientist Responsibilities:
• Systemise the collection of unstructured data and systematically transform into queryable dataset via wrangling, cleansing and verification techniques.
• Enrich datasets with third-party data where possible and/or necessary.
• Optimise data storage and processing architecture, ensuring it is fit-for-purpose for requirements.
• Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
• Own data projects, leading the development of TLA’s data science and machine learning projects.
• Collaborate with product management and technology/development teams to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
• Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
Data Scientist Requirements:
• A strong degree in a mathematical, statistical or computer science related field (postgraduate preferred)
• 5 years’ practical experience with data mining and statistical analysis for Big Data, with a track record of delivering actionable, value-adding outputs
• Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting / predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms.
• Advanced skills in SQL, Python and r, with proficiency with other programming languages (SAS, Java etc.) being beneficial
• Strong experience of leading transformational data projects
• A strong working knowledge of machine learning theory and application, with demonstrable experience of application in previous roles
• Experience working with Big Data frameworks (such as Hadoop, Spark, Cosmos DB or others)
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Technically-minded, with an active interest in working with cutting-edge technology
• Unafraid to challenge the status quo
• Great team worker, able to influence and promote change
• Passionate about the detail
Data Scientist Benefits:
• Fantastic office culture
• Based in a bright, open plan office on the 13th floor of the Unity Building, offering spectacular panoramic views of Liverpool
• Flexible working hours (35 Hour Week)
• Free personal training and squash games
• Subsidised gym membership
• Private Healthcare / Pension
• Regular nights out and charity events throughout the calendar
• Free office bar every Friday!
If you think that you are suitable for this Data Scientist role, please apply now!