Salary - £32,630 per annum
ClinSpec Dx is a dynamic young company, based in the centre of Glasgow, whose mission is to be a world leader in novel liquid biopsies, powered by artificial intelligence, to detect cancer earlier and help to increase patient survival and quality of life.
Applications are invited for a full time 1.0 FTE permanent position within ClinSpec Dx as a Data Scientist. This exciting role will contribute directly to the mission of ClinSpec Dx by focusing on the use of machine learning to analyse spectral data for the detection of cancer. In addition, the successful applicant will be instrumental in developing clinical software to the required regulatory standards. This role would suit applicants who fit the following profile.
- Enthusiastic professionals who are committed to realising benefits for patients, patient families / care givers and the healthcare services via the earlier detection of cancer
- A PhD or 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant field such as chemometrics, bioinformatics, mathematics, chemistry, data analysis, machine learning or other suitable areas.
- A degree in a suitable background subject such as chemistry, physics, mathematics or computer science.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the use and development of data analysis strategies and machine learning.
- Programming experience, preferably in C/C++, Python or R.
- Knowledge and practical experience of database setup, management and maintenance
- Willingness to collaborate across subject domains in order to advance the project
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external communication
- Ability to write technical reports and publications to a high standard suitable for internal use and high impact journals
- Experience in planning and managing own workload with input from colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a team towards project deadlines and requirements
- Ability to work flexibly and remotely; home working or working in another location will be required some or all of the time.