Data Science DevOps Head
Department / Team
Data Science and Automation -Integrated Analytics
Chief Integrated Analytics Officer
We are looking for an experienced hands-ondata scientistto lead the data science thinking and practice. The roleisbased inMindshare’s worldwide team in London, withresponsibilitiesto support other markets.
This role requires a curious and creative mindsetto become an engine of change, while also a structured approachto supporteffectivelyglobal and market needs andspread state-of-the-art datascience practices. The internal stakeholders areclients, account teams,digital executionteams,analytics practitionersandmediaanalysts.The external stakeholders are Mindshare clientsand partners.It is also expected that the candidate can support and contribute to the overall data strategy for Mindshare in collaboration with other stakeholders, which entitles foster partnerships/initiatives with start-ups, universities, open-source groups, etc.
- Ensure on-schedule development of pre-agreed list of analyticssolutions,and provide inputs for development of new solutionsbased on client andinternalteamsrequirements-from prototypes to fully fletchedsolutions(we haveresourcesto help on this)
- Coordinatethe cloud-tech offering for data practitioners in collaboration with our data engineer, including driving best practices, standardisation and collaboration across the data scientists in the network
- Scout for state-of-the art technology/data-science practices/models or algorithms, and assess how can they impact the business (e.g.Deep ML and AI)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to address their challenges
- Develop analytics tools and solutions and coordinate their maintenance with Tech team
- Work with the widerbusiness to foster the value of the data science practice.This includes the impact ofbrandingandperformancein thedigitaland offlineworld
- Assistmarkets with their data analysis initiatives, either to get control of their dataorapply new techniques
- Drive thought leadership for Mindshare’sapplicationofdata sciencefor the media industry, includingdigital analytics,addressable media,consumerbehaviour, automation,etc.
- Support on scouting opportunities for new-business pitches and proposals
- Support senior leaders to maintain and implement an overall data strategy
- Expertiseand experience in
- Coding in Python (a must) and R. Other languages are desired as well but optional (Scala, Java script, etc).
- Fast prototyping of products solutions using open source technologyfor scalable pipelines(Spark,R-shiny,Dash/Flask,Play environment,etc.)
- Managing, accessing, querying structured/unstructured data bases (SQL, Hive,Mongo, etc.)
- Knowledgeofmodelling solutions (e.g. attribution) and Experimental designs (e.g. A/B and Multi-Variate testing) to support business decisions
- A good understanding of
- Big data analytics
- Digital media datasets (Ad Servers, DSP, DMP, AdWords, Viewability, Cross Device etc.)
- Commercial awareness, client/stakeholder handlingandstrongwritten and oralcommunication skills
- Desired experience with
- Mediaplanningand marketing(including digital mediaacross programmatic, search and paid social)
- Building and rolling outlarge-scaleanalyticsinitiatives within a global network
- Managing complex, multiple stakeholder engagements,in a fast-paced organization.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.