We build today, so we can create tomorrow. Join Zebra and change the world with us.
The Global Logistics & Supply Chain team at Zebra play a meaningful role in ensuring our global customers (NHS, DHL, BMW) receive the products they need to provide better patient care and excellent customer experience.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to help us as we evolve from Data Warehouse to Data Lake utilising a tech stack that includes Looker, Tensorflow, Machine Learning, SQL, Azure and PowerBI. You will ideally have some experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight or Manufacturing (or similar) to understand the various data points such as freight or shipping costs and then normalise into a structured way that can then be used by Analysts.
We'd love to see good relationship building skills and the ability to communicate data in a visually compelling format to help business partners understand the issues, possibilities and recommendations.
This role will mean working with an international team, working on a variety of projects and having the opportunity to grow and evolve your career to the next level.
The day to day:
The role will include coding software programs, implementing industry-standard auto ML models (Speech, Computer vision, Text Data), Statistical models, relevant ML (devices/machine acquired data), AI and algorithms.
Critical thinking skills will be needed to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; whilst the ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving will also be key. Maintaining continued improvements and augmentations to existing B.I. tools and technology solutions whilst monitoring and handling data issues to establish plans for ensuring data quality and integrity between transaction source systems and reporting environments.
In addition, you will:
- Collaborates with Continuous Improvement team to re-engineer processes, software enhancements to fully utilise our ever-advancing BI capabilities.
- Designs and implementation of Regression-based predictive models incorporating diverse data types.
- Identifies meaningful foresights based on predictive ML models from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from experiments to product managers, business partners and business managers.
- Makes use of Rapid Development Tools (Business Intelligence Tools, Graphics Libraries, Data modelling tools) to effectively communicate research findings using visual graphics, Data Models, machine learning model features, feature engineering/transformations to relevant partners.
- Analyze, review and track trends and tools in Data Science, Augmented Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence and IoT space to help in making build/buy/partner recommendations.
- Drives innovation by encouraging open, high energy, collaborative environment; lead participation in innovation summit and expos, recommend relevant training and conference for employees to attend, publish papers and patent disclosures
- Degree in Computer Science, Machine learning, or related subject area.
- Background in statistics, machine learning, deep learning and programming vital.
- Knowledge of statistical programming techniques and languages (e.g., R, Python, Java, etc.).
- Experience of Data Lakes
- Experience of Tensorflow or similar
By joining Zebra you will be part of a fast-moving business where culture is at the heart of what we do. You will be given the opportunity to bring new ideas and innovations and join a team that enjoys collaborating and supporting each other to succeed. You will also receive benefits that include:
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Pension Scheme with a matched contribution up to 7%
- Private medical
- Access to an online learning platform
- 4 days paid time off for voluntary work with a charity of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
Zebra Technologies is committed to offering an inclusive & diverse working environment. Therefore we welcome applicants from all sections of the community.