We are working with a consultancy based in Central London who is looking to hire x2 Data Scientists to work on a large project for one of the telecoms clients on an initial 6 month basis.
You will be working with large volumes of structured/unstructured data and developing machine learning & AI /Models using Python/Scala. They are also ideally looking for someone who has experience with big data frameworks such as Spark.
This will also be a client facing role so good experience dealing with stakeholders will also be required.
* Develop Machine Learning and AI models that are scaled and replicated across markets, leveraging automation.
* Deliver hands-on coding solutions for markets’ complex Use Cases using open-source frameworks deployed on Cloud.
* Ensure that large-scale optimisation best practice is implemented across use cases
* Develop model production framework and unified data formats, critical to sharing models across markets.
* Work according to agile methodology framework, consulting with key stakeholders to ensure analytical solutions meet business needs
* Experience in developing machine learning models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and unstructured data in a commercial/consumer/digital environment
* Strong knowledge of Data Science languages (eg Scala, Python, etc.) and Big Data frameworks (eg Spark, Samza, Flink, etc)
* Proficiency in statistical packages and ML libraries/platforms (eg Pandas, SciPy, Tensorflow, H2O and Spark MLlib).
* Strong commercial mindset, consultative skills, and proven ability of visualising and communicating data in a compelling way
* Proven demonstration of value to the business from AI/ML use cases/models across multiple lines of business.
* Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of product owners data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
* Experience with telco data, digital, and app data highly desirable
* Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
* 5+ years of experience in a hands-on data science role
Nice to Have:
* PhD or Master’s or Degree (PhD preferred) on quantitative fields, including but not limited to Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics.
* Deep statistical modelling expertise, including deep learning and reinforcement learning; strong knowledge of applied Artificial Intelligence (RNN, DNN, Capsule networks)
* Familiar with leading visualisation tools (eg deck.gl and d3.js).
* Familiar with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.