Primary Location : ENGLAND-Greater London
Employee Status: Permanent
Closing Date: Ongoing
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
"We are investing extensively in building a new data platform on the cloud, to support the growth of Sky and helping utilize the value of our data, as well as deprecating our legacy platforms. Within the Data Engineering team we are focusing on bringing our thousands of data feeds together in to one platform, efficiently modelling and creating scalable, high quality, reliable and timely data products, from datasets that are used across Sky for analytics, APIs to other systems, through to essential BI and reporting.” Pieranna, Senior Data Engineering Manager.
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and making Sky more relevant to them.We are working across Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.We have a new approach, building a new platform and need to have the right team to take us on that journey.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeatSkyon LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Data Engineering Manager, visualisation, will lead a team of on-shore and off-shore analysts that take our various internal customer request and turn them in to BI & MI products. You’ll actively look to consolidate our wide range of reports and solutions into modern, easy to digest, simple and effective self-service capability, as well as maintaining our existing reporting suites, to keep pace with business demand.
- Build a high performing team through coaching, mentoring, clear direction and effective management
- Ensure that your team are working in a common way, aligned with peers and the wider DTA, and that there is clear understanding of the role they play
- Help Identify, document and manage delivery risks and issues, ensuring we deliver against agreed timelines, quality standards and service levels
- Ensure your team are delivering against data engineering best practices, as well as internal and external regulatory & compliance standards, such as GDPR, internal audit and ITIL
- Deliver and contribute towards team wide communications, to ensure your team are kept up to date and engaged with what is happening in our wider business and DTA, as well as effectively communicating up through DTA
- Management of your team’s workload, providing clear visibility, ensuring we have the right resource available to work within our squads - based not just on availability of resource, but with an eye on what is right to grow and develop our people
- Regularly and effectively engage with our internal customers and Business Interpreters, to understand what is working and what needs adapted to best meet their needs
- Work with architecture and engineering teams to help shape our future roadmap, keeping across industry BI & MI developments and products, to ensure that we get the best from our current technology and understand what impact new technologies can offer
- Significantly contribution towards the creation, maintenance and articulation to your team of a clear roadmap of how we consolidate and deprecate our legacy solutions, transitioning to self-service solutions, built on top of our core data platforms in the Cloud
- Be a champion of our people plan to ensure the team remains a great place to work, for everyone
- Experience in managing development of on-prem and transitioning to cloud based self-service data product solutions
- A positive & enthusiastic, can do attitude, with a passion to do the right thing, questioning the status quo, to continually improve and add value to both what we do and how we do it
- Worked and managed in mixed methodology delivery models, including waterfall and Agile
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of complex SQL, data transformation, and 3rdparty platforms, such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Data Studio.
- Extensive experience of large teams based on and off-shore, in a fast paced, highly demanding environment.
- An analytical mind with a sharp eye for detail
- A great communicator, both verbal and written, with excellentinterpersonal skills with an ability to work with a wide range of people.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team
A job you love to talk about