Vitalityis an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place. This applies as much to our people as it does to our members.
Our CORE PURPOSEis to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. From people to products and processes, we aspire to deliver on our purpose in everything we do.
Our VISION is to be the BEST financial services providerin the UK
We are looking for talented individuals who are committed to living our values and delivering an award winning service to our customers.
Overall Job Purpose
The Data Engineer role will be responsible for delivering the underlying data and APIs to support the implementation of innovative machine learning applications. You will enjoy working with rich datasets, cutting edge technology and help shape new data science projects in an innovative company that helps people live healthier lives. The right candidate will possess a desire to work in fast-paced environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines. Travel will be required on a weekly basis between our different Office locations.
- Work with Data Scientists to implement robust and trustworthy data to support highperformance
- algorithms and predictive models
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models as APIs for use in our live environments
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to develop and manage
- robust data pipelines connecting various systems
- Develop datasets and processes that facilitate data modelling, mining and production
- Provide clean, usable data to data scientists and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Data Architecture and other IT delivery teams to design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems/Sciences/Maths
- Strongexperience in business intelligence, data warehousing, data management and data delivery, database and ETL technologies
- Experience using languages / tools / databases such as SQL and NoSQL, Python, Nifi, Docker.
- Strong technical experience in designing and delivering data in BI warehouse and/or Big Data Lakes, supporting on premise and cloud architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies
- Hands-on/technical experience with high proficiency on Big Data technology and toolsets
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining machine learning APIs – using flask and java springboot
- Experience working with data scientists or quantitative / statistical analysts
- Experience working with AWS EMR
- Prior experience on Big Data appliances like Hadoop.
- Prior experience in using Agile methodology
- Understanding of data architecture & modelling
- Previous insurance or financial services industry experience
- Open Source ETL tools (Jupyter, Spark)
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day. Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
As well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs and access to our full range of partners and rewards. It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.