Do you have experience of installing, terminating and testing cross connects cables within a datacentre environment? Are you a technician who has customer facing experience and wish to join a company that is rapidly growing fast and can offer plenty of opportunity?
As a Datacentre Technician, you will be part of a team that is at the core of our Operations department, providing day support to the data centres and conducting circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing.
Who are we?
Equinix is the one of the largest growing data centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 65th consecutive quarter of revenue growth. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 190 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
What you can expect
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs intra-cage fiber tray, ladder rack, customer equipment and cabinets
- Infrastructure installs to include the following: whalebone cable management, public fiber tray systems, carrier ladder rack, AC/DC power trays, security trays, cash mesh
- Determines work priorities from the Oracle queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBXLink cross connects (T1, DS3, OC3-48, Eth, GigE, 10Gig) using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfillment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution
- You will have knowledge of the Datacentre environment
- Work experience from data center, network or server environment
- Experience of working with ticketing systems and writing reports
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- Customer oriented attitude
- Willingness to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
What we offer
The opportunity to leave your mark in Equinix, a quickly growing workplace that still keeps a pioneer spirit. We offer a competitive salary and a superb opportunity to build and expand your experience in an internal and international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please take a look at our "The Magic of Equinix" video where we have asked some of our Equinix EMEA employees why they chose Equinix as their employer of choice. The Magic of Equinix lives in our employees and brings people from all over the world together making Equinix an awesome place to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIUL_ggfWCs