Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 200 datacenters in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
We are looking for a Data Center Technician to join a team that is at the core of our Equinix Operations department, where you will provide support to the Datacentre and conduct circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing. This is an opportunity, as a Technician, for you to leave your mark in an organisation that is growing quickly and still runs with a pioneer spirit. Not forgetting of course, a competitive salary and extraordinary secondary benefits for you to enjoy.
Racks and stacks customer equipment
Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Figures out work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures alignment to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBX Link cross connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfillment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Finishes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Support customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution
- Knowledge of the Datacentre environment
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacenters
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- You will need to be willing to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
What we offer
Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare benefits and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Why you should apply
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. Our employees are people who share a passion for winning and will put our customers at the centre of everything they do. We want to impress not only our customers, but our employees, and will support employee career mobility, encouraging employees to learn new skills and seek advancement opportunities, so they can grow their career with us.
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and you have found a role that challenges you, please don’t let your reservations hold you back!
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.