Do you have experience of installing, terminating and testing Cat5e and Cat6a and splicing fibre cables within a datacentre environment? Are you a technician who has customer facing experience and would like to be part of passionate company that is expanding fast and can offer plenty of opportunity?
As a Datacentre Technician, you will be part of a team that is at the core of our EQUINIX Operations department, providing 7/24/365 support to the Datacentre and conducting circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Splicing of multi-core fibre into distribution frames
- Determines work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBX Link cross connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfillment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution.
- Knowledge of Datacentre environments
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- Willingness to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP