Do you have experience of installing, terminating and testing Cat5e and Cat6a cables within a datacentre environment? Are you a technician who has customer facing experience and wishes to be part of a passionate company that is rapidly growing and can offer plenty of opportunity?
We are looking for a Datacentre Technician to join a team that is at the core of our EQUINIX Operations department, where you will provide support to the Datacentre and conduct circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing. This is a shift role covering 24x7x365.
Who are we?
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 190 datacentres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Figures out work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures alignment to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBX Link cross connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- You will maintain detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfillment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Finishes all assigned training in a timely manner
- You will support customer happiness through timely and precise order execution
This is an opportunity, as a Technician, for you to leave your mark in an organisation that is growing quickly and still runs with a pioneer spirit. Not forgetting of course, a competitive salary and extraordinary secondary benefits for you to enjoy.
- You will have knowledge of the Datacentre environment
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- You will need to be willing to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
Are you interested?
Click apply now!
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.