Do you have experience of installing, terminating and testing Cat5e and Cat6a and splicing fibre cables within a datacentre environment? Are you a technician who has customer-facing experience and would like to be part of a passionate company that is expanding fast and can offer plenty of opportunities?
As a Datacentre Technician, you will be part of a team that is at the core of our EQUINIX Operations department, providing 7/24/365 support to the Datacentre and conducting circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Splicing of multi-core fibre into distribution frames
- Determines work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross-connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of coax, fibre, twisted pair copper and intra-building cross-connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross-connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBX Link cross-connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfilment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution.
- Knowledge of Datacentre environments
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- Willingness to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
Why you should apply
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. Our employees are people who share a passion for winning and will put our customers at the centre of everything they do. We want to impress not only our customers, but our employees, and will support employee career mobility, encouraging employees to learn new skills and seek advancement opportunities, so they can grow their career with us.
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and you have found a role that challenges you, please don’t let your reservations hold you back!
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Click apply now!