Data Centre Contract Manager - Service Provider - West London - Up to 65K
A leading maintenance services provider are currently looking to recruit a data centre contract manager for one of their most prestigious data centre contracts based in West London.
The Data Centre Contract Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing all aspects of the data centre assets and will be responsibel for the overall account management.
This includes oversight of all operational, financial and customer activities and will ensures that all company policies and procedures are being implemented in the data centre.
The Data Centre Contract Manager will also ensure that all customer support, engineering and security groups are all performing to expected levels and provide leadership and oversight across these teams.
The benefits of the role are as follows:
- Monday - Friday 8-5 (extra hours as and when required)
- Salary circa 60-65k
- Car Allowance
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Plan, implement, co-ordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Understand and utilize maximum capabilities of all operational systems, including BMS, CMMS, etc.
- Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis.
- Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
- Work with Technical Operations to ensure that best practice is being adopted and that a common approach is in place.
- Ensure that the site team engineers are trained and competent to act as the first line response unit in the event of a fault in the site plant or infrastructure to minimise the potential for, and frequency of, outages.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Identify and recommend operational improvements to be implemented on site.
- Ensure that all compliance and standards are implemented across the site.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs, etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hours, nights and weekends when required.
- Review any service failures and produce incident reports when required.
- Liaise with the Client Service Manager, Asset Management and Technical Operations.
- Recruit, manage and develop site team.
- Maintain a motivated and engaged team.
- Set team targets and manage/monitor performance.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures and act as a champion in embedding these into day-to-day operations.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Fully electrically or mechanically qualified to a recognised standard C&G, HND, or HNC
- Significant experience of knowledge of critical building infrastructure (e.g. UPS, Generators, BMS, HV/LV systems and switching, cooling systems, etc.)
- Previous Data Centre / Critical environment experience
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis
- Previous experience managing a small team
- Experience of coaching, training and developing a team both technical and non-technical
- Experience of dealing with customer problems in difficult circumstances
- Experience of implementing cost controls
- Appreciation of the data centre and co-location sector
- Computer-literacy/IT skills - email, data entry, excel, power point, word
- Positive 'can-do' and flexible attitude to work
- Excellent team player
- Ability to diagnose and resolve customer technical problems
- To produce work to a consistently high standard
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets
- Ability to train others in use of procedures
- Ability to meet and exceed targets and customers' expectations
- Ability to know when to support colleagues
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.