At our Digital hub in Jersey City, things are buzzing. We’re growing, and here you’ll find cross-functional teams who collaborate to solve problems creatively and in the right way. Our start-up culture is built on trust and encouragement and backed by a sports betting icon who get things right. We’re looking for curious and talented people, who never settle for second best. If you’re anything like us, you’ll be up for a challenge and love working with other great people.
Our current stack is built on Java Spring Boot, Scala, React, AWS, Docker, etc but we like all sorts of other techs too. We give everyone what they need to be their best self, including improving your tech skills. We’re open-minded and will happily train people with the right attitude. We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us.
A bit about you
- You have spent the last decade demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality data technical architectures and detailed designs.
- You have five or more years in a Data Architecture role designing data warehouses and/or data lakes with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark or distributed databases like Redshift and Snowflake.
- You have a broad understanding of technologies and frameworks such as Python, Kafka, NoSQL etc.
- You have experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud,
- You love crafting massively scalable, always-on, multi-region data systems
And what you’ll do
- You drive the discovery, design, and execution of a wide variety of data solutions.
- You’ll develop the Architecture strategy for the business unit taking into account current requirements and future road-map.
- You’ll develop and maintain the Data Platform Road-map capturing AS-IS and TO-BE vision in close collaboration with business and technical teams
- You’ll work closely with the engineering teams in defining and improving our standards of data/information modeling, data structures, and technologies
You will need to successfully complete a background and drug screen
A bit more about us
You will become a key member of our Digital hub, which is integral to our brand and success. Whether it’s working out the odds on the winners of the Kentucky Derby or the Super Bowl, our work has a direct impact on every customer who places a bet. And putting that experience front and center of everything we do has helped us become a real betting powerhouse in the UK – and now we’re bringing that expertise to the US.
We’re using agile principles to develop a culture where we champion autonomy, creativity, and originality so that we can keep growing. We code the platform which our odds traders use to update the prices on live events. Making sure our customers have up-to-the-minute in-play chances right there and then. And we really do mean that our teams process 464 bets every single second. Our platforms have to reflect millions of real-time, In-Play sports events, so developing systems that are designed for low latency and high throughput is critical.
William Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union/domestic partnership status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. William Hill complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.