Objective: The Data & Application Analyst will work closely with cross-functional teams including other IT, Reporting/Data, Automation, Operations, Accounting, development teams, vendors and leadership to ensure business goals are met in an efficient and predictable manner. This position will provide application and data support for the Reading UK and London offices. They will support end user travel industry applications to ensure proper deployment, maintenance, planning and research for alternative software solutions.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships with software application contacts
- Research travel industry alternative software applications to consider implementing; stay current with technology seminars and educational opportunities
- Communicate with end user internal clients for status of applications and future planning
- Develop training documents and support procedures of applications
- Work with cross-functional teams to map business needs to technical requirements
- Review application impacts to users and other IT systems
- Supporting the UK reporting team with data extraction and report building on a regular/ad hoc basis.
- Maintain diagrams, policies, procedures, inventories and standards documentation for applications within the support products
- Maintain ticket queue according to defined service level
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-starter, able to work with little direction
- Independently research application issues to solve challenges, logical problem-solving skills
- Experience writing SQL for data extraction
- Experience implementing and maintaining proactive monitoring technologies to ensure applications uptime SLA’s are met
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT and various software
- Able to work in groups and independently as required to complete tasks
- IT related experience or degree/NVQ/comparable qualification preferred
- Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge and skills may be substituted for the requirements as deem appropriate by the company
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required
- Other Skills that would be Advantageous (but not required):
- Sabre GDS experience.
- Travel industry applications experience with RoomService, Travcom & Mopier.
- Experience with automation tools and/or GDS robotics (such as Sabre QIK).
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience working with Remote Apps using RDP protocol.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, and comprehend complex issues and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to preform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
ALTOUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer