Data Analytics Support, Analyst CEMEA Region(Job Number: CO20191048)
Data Analytics Support, Analyst CEMEA Region
Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNAi as a new class of medicines with a core focus on RNAi therapeutics toward genetically defined targets for the treatment of serious, life-threatening diseases with limited treatment options for patients and their caregivers. In January 2015, we announced our “Alnylam 2020” guidance that reflects our expected transition from a late-stage clinical development company to a multi-product commercial-stage company with a sustainable development pipeline. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
This role is responsible for the management, analysis, and reporting of field related data in an on-going effort to increase overall business efficiency and productivity. Reporting to and partnering with the CEMEA BI and Reporting Lead to deliver management reports and a self-service BI platform that facilitates data driven business decisions and drives actionable insights.The Business Analyst will act as technical lead on assigned digitization projects within the region and be responsible for solving business problems through the management and analysis of data, defining business requirements and translating into solutions. This individual will produce and drive cross-functional trend report analysis in collaboration with Market Insights, Business Operations and Marketing teams. This will require extensive use of a variety of data management and analytic tools (SQL Manager, Tableau, Excel (incl. Marcos), AlteryX).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Analyze key data using analysis tools (e.g. Patient triangulation, SAS, SPSS & QlikView) to make conclusions regarding trends & business metrics.
- Proactively monitor and manage analytic data source for quality, in addition to providing recommendations for continuous improvement of data management practices.
- Identify and recommend Key Performance Indicators to describe and better understand trend, variances and performance.
- Proactively develop a set of analysis highlighting business & customer insights which are useful and relevant to internal stakeholders.
- Designs and builds performance dashboards that enable decision making.
- Keep abreast of projects and deliverables on related IT projects that would impact data analysis and management.
- Assist with data extraction, transformation, and manipulation for internal ad-hoc analytics.
- Create clear reports for European Management Team in which the findings of the data analysis must be presented in an accessible and unambiguous way, often with graphical representation.
- Innovate and improve efficiency of managing data to allow for greater speed and accuracy of producing analyses, metrics and insights through cross-functional collaboration with internal teams.
- Ensure data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data.
- Lead identification, maintenance, and generation of data references/databases for continuously improving therapy knowledge across markets and diseases.
Country support (30%)
- Develop performance analytics reports efficiently and effectively to meet information needs of the Country teams.
- Support the Incentive compensation process end to end to ensure timely Key Account Manager payment.
- Develop and maintain Country Forecasting files. Coordinate with Commercial Lead and Regional Forecasting to ensure forecasts are accurate and complete.
- Develop and help implement in-country demand planning process improvements as needed.
- Calibrate monthly patient estimates using KAM insights and Arvato shipment data. On-going calibration of estimates of factors affecting vial usage (dosing, compliance, discontinuations).
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated professional experience in an analytical function
- Pharma or Commercial experience beneficial
- Ability to combine strong technical skills and business requirements to generate understandable visualizations
- Experience in defining or working with business metrics to drive desired results – business metrics (qualitative & quantitative)
- Sales Force / Veeva Product knowledge beneficial
- Excellent Excel Skills essential / Visual basic beneficial but not required
- Experience in at least one leading BI platform Power BI, Tableau, Qlik essential (Looking for transferable technical platform skills)
- Database knowledge / SQL / ability to self-serve essential
- Excellent presentation & facilitation skills
- Takes ownership of tasks: Able to work on own initiative to ensure customer satisfaction
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Highly proficient user of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency with modelling and simulation techniques
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.