Under the direction of the team’s Lead Data Analyst, complete training and acquire sufficient knowledge to accurately interpret and evaluate Inertial measurement unit data from pipeline inspection to provide pipeline and GIS data for on-going safe operation of pipelines.
Data Analysis (50%)
- Under supervision of qualified Analysts, performs initial run checks to ensure inspection data meets
- clients’ minimum specifications in accordance with contractual requirements,
- Interprets inertial measurement unit (IMU) data and formulates a solution using inhouse softwares,
- Determines pipeline features, fittings and locations and co-relates AGM co-ordinates and distances to
- odometer distance recorded by the tool and IMU.
- Under supervision, collates and documents all quality-checked inspection data in order to produce a
- comprehensive overview of the pipeline integrity per client-specified standards;
Continuous Improvement (50%)
- Completes assigned online training modules and participates in classroom/workshop sessions to gain
- experience in Pipeline Inspection Technology Level I material
- Acquires knowledge and skills necessary to obtain the industry standard Data Analyst Level I certification,
- in compliance with industry standard,
- Acquires behavior competency appropriate to level of experience while developing, through coaching,
- mentoring, and training, the behaviors necessary to advance to Data Analyst,
- Coordinates with the software development team in areas of fault finding and possible methods of
- process improvement,
- Learns job tracking methods for complete and accurate forecasting of analysis deadlines,
- Attends scheduled meetings and trainings to ensure adherence to current TDW initiatives and processes.
Relationships with others & Communication
- Reports to Supervisor, Data Analysis,
- Receives daily direction and guidance from Lead Data Analyst and other senior Analysts.
- Supports analysis work by providing preliminary defect analysis to more experienced Analysts in a timely and efficient manner
Knowledge, skills & abilities required
- Minimum requirement: HNC/HND in Mathematics, Physics or GIS
- Bachelor Degree related to Physics and Mathematics an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficient personal computer skills and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, − Ability to learn new internal software programs.