We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, based in Birkenhead. An opportunity has become available to work in a fast paced warehouse and shipping department. The successful candidate will cover the movement, shipping and storage of goods, and will be working to support our current logistics team. This will be a full time, permanent role. As an agency, we are only pre-screening potential candidate and arranging interviews for successful applicants.
Working hours are:
Monday - Friday 8.30-17.00 (37.5 hours per week)
One hour lunch break per day.
The role will include but is not exclusive to:
* Taking delivery of goods from courier companies - these will include chemicals both hazardous and non-hazardous.
* Checking the goods upon receipt, highlighting broken products or discrepancies to Admin teams.
* Booking in goods on company's stock control system.
* Picking stock to satisfy customer orders.
* Packing goods ready for UK and International shipment.
* Processing shipments for collection though courier websites / software.
* Stock control and organisation of current stock.
* Electronic and manual organisation of daily shipping paperwork
* Assisting with the safe unloading of large palletised deliveries, and allocating specific storage areas of goods received.
* Stock control of current stocks, managing and maintaining stock rotation.
* Identifying and processing damaged goods that require Quarantine storage.
The successful candidate must:
* Be an effective communicator
* Be able to multi task
* Display a strong attention to detail
* Be enthusiastic and hard working
* Be able to use basic IT packages
* Be capable of working independently
* Understand the importance of working to legislation
* Be able to work to tight deadlines
* Previous warehouse experience preferred but not essential
The ideal candidate will be:
* Hard working
* Capable of using their initiative
* Prepared to receive and follow instruction
* Motivated to learn, sometimes, complicated instruction
GCSE's in Maths and English at grades A-C or equivalent qualifications preferred.
This position will enable the candidate to become proficient in the international export of both hazardous and non-hazardous goods as well as gaining additional valuable skills including stock management and export legislation compliance.
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
£16,000.00 - £18,000.00 per year