The role: Cyber Security Specialist
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to join our GSTP team in Leeds!
Come and join a new team to build exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We’re lean, we’re agile, and Security to protect our customers is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who crafted the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Are you our next star player?
You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
Why we need you
Reporting into the Technical Operations and Service function, Cyber Security Specialists play a crucial role in supporting our Teams with implementing our security frameworks and solutions throughout the software development and product lifecycles. Our Security Specialists collaborate closely with the business at all levels to ensure that security is incorporated seamlessly in everything that we do. We champion systems and data security working within agile methodologies to ensure that security is an enabler.
Who we’re looking for
You will act as the business owner’s domain specialists on security, providing mentorship and support at every stage. Our specialists are responsible for providing best-practice security guidance throughout the product lifecycle from inception to project delivery and ongoing operation. Working with senior management, product owners, architects, developers, engineers and service managers to deliver security in alliance with the business.
- Experience or familiarity in supporting security compliance and due-diligence led activities, risk assessments and audits.
- Solid grasp of network/infrastructure and firewall configuration.
- Sound understanding of web application weaknesses and anti-patterns (CWE, OWASP).
- Experience of Infrastructure and Web Application Scanning tools (e.g. Qualys, Nessus,).
- Experience with emerging and maturing technologies including cloud security, server less architecture and containerisation.
- Provide insight into threats and risks to ensure security efforts are risk-focused.
- Proactively support technical and non-technical audiences to address security risks for GSTP’s products and services.
- Provide advice to cross-business partners, across web application, networking and Cloud/server-less technologies.
- Provide practical, lightweight and innovative solutions to security challenges.
- Champion security standard methodologies to be embedded in GSTP.
- A pragmatic, risk-based approach to Security
- Working to get insight and understating into risks and threats we face
- Advocate for Security at all points in the product lifecycle
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.