KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Financial Services Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies.
We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities,and build the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime andother threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safelyand securely. For us, cyber security isn't just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach tounderstanding and mitigating the risk.
The Team – FS CyberSecurity, Scotland
The team is an integral part of our rapidly growing FS Cyber practice. Our team works closely withKPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive tosucceed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion fordelivering excellent service and building strong relationships.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enablethem to be the best they can be.
You will be a Senior Managerwithin the Financial Services Cyber team helping both grow our business andensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect tobe involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from majorexecutive level cyber exercises and threat reviews, through optimisation ofclient security controls and cyber security programmes, to providing specialistsupport on issues such as cyber strategy, third party risk etc.
Our clients are underincreasing regulatory scrutiny, continually battling a rapidly changing cybercrimethreat while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services.
As a Senior Manager, weexpect you to understand the business issues and to be able to translatecomplex cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon freeadvice to our clients; and delivering the support they require.
If you are able to helpour clients seize the opportunity offered by the digital world, securely, thenyou are the type of person we are looking for.
Management and deliveryof challenging, complex client engagements to ensure quality and value to ourclients by:
- Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
- Helping them navigate the increasingly complex cyber security regulatory environment
- Advising on cyber security governance, frameworks and operating models
- Helping them optimise their approach to cyber security controls and risk management
- Getting the balance right between protection, detection, reaction and response to cyberattack
- Linking cyber security to other consultancy offerings on risk management, resilienceand IT transformation to provide holistic support to our clients
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, aswell as managing the performance and development of other team members
- Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
- Building and managing multiple client relationships
- Project managing engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner toinclude: scoping / financial management (budgeting) / engagement and riskmanagement / production and review of deliverables.
Fee generation through actively identifying and progressing business developmentopportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposaldevelopment and client presentations.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, propositiondevelopment, and knowledge management.
We expect that you will have:
- Proven track record in cyber security environment within professional services or an in-houseinformation security function, preferably in Financial Services.
- Track record within the financial services showing understanding of the business,threat and regulatory issues faced by clients.
- Experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: strategy,transformation, governance, cyber resilience, identity and access management.
- Proven experience of successfully managing complex cyber security services in acommercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high quality work on time andto budget.
- Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire driveand resilience in others.
- Ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progressand performance of others.
- Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles,technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and projectmanagement skills
- Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
- Knowledge of a broad range of cyber security topics e.g. governance, identity and accessmanagement, supply chain risks, security operations, incident management etc.
- A good understanding of technology platforms.
- Degree level qualified or equivalent preferred
- Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M.Inst ISP, etc.), or comparable experience
The role will be based at our Glasgow or Edinburgh office, but will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally onoccasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.