Expeditors is a leader in the international transportation industry and has opportunities for motivated team players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding place to work. Expeditors culture of organic growth and promotion from within, combined with a strong management team and unique compensation structure, continuously attracts the highest caliber employees.
By recruiting, motivating and retaining the best personnel in the business, we feel we will keep our leadership position in the marketplace. Our business is quality customer service and our people are what make that happen. We hire individuals based on attitude and train them for the skills it takes to make a successful career here. As part of their career development and overall job evaluation, our employees are required to take a minimum of 52 hours of training per year.
Scope of Position:
Ensure the proper and timely movement and clearance of freight, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Customs Brokerage department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing.
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs DLSOP (Desk Level Standard Operating Procedure) and correctly interpret this information to fulfillour customers instructions and expectations.
Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority.
Track and trace Customs files.
Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questionsarising during the clearing process.
Attend any customs inspections or present documents to customs authorities when such are requested.
Act as the liaison between the customs authorities (or other government agencies and customers)
Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for Import and Export shipments.
Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct.
Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
Contribute to maintain strong relationships with customs officers.
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies andprocedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and externalgovernment regulations (eg. OEA) or customer policies / requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improvedefficiency.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export ofgoods. This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods.
- Meet KPI standards, as per the companys procedures.
Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
- Good knowledge of customs brokerage process and system essential
- Good knowledge of customs legislation, especially with regards to classification, valuationand origin.
- Understanding of ocean and air documentation process.
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Good knowledge of incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend,effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Hazardous Materials certification (preferred).
Excellent benefits associated with a successful company