Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Global Customer Care and Experience (GCCX) organization continues to grow and evolve, and includes many change initiatives impacting processes, tools and globalization of roles and responsibilities.
Do you have extensive experience as a Customer Service Manager within a technical industry taking care of complex and strategic global accounts?
We are looking for a dedicated and highly experienced Customer Success Manager who will report to the 'Senior Manager, Customer Success' to provide post-sales support and build positive relationships with our clients. Ideally, you will be someone who can project manage alongside resolving issues for our customers.
About the role
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) position is pivotal in the delivery of services to a portfolio of Equinix clients. The CSM drives collaboration with client and internal cross functional teams to manage client implementations and meet client requirements timely and efficiently. The CSM also owns and manages a very broad range of account and service related client questions, requests, and issues to resolution. The CSM will be a primary point of contact for a number of key global accounts.
The CSM manages the on-going customer service relationship and serves as the primary point of contact through the client life-cycle. The CSM is the customer advocate, responsible for the overall satisfaction of clients.
The CSM is also instrumental in offering guidance and mentoring to newer, less experienced CSMs. The portfolio of clients for the CSM position is generally strategic in nature, very large in scope/complexity, with a strong global presence. The CSM is expected to work independently and cross functionally on all complex client requests and issues with minimal management guidance needed.
- You will support GAM accounts – large MRR and multi-country deployments
- Number of accounts supported is typically 1-4 GAM customers
- Manages new and existing complex client installations, working cross functionally to deliver services in the agreed upon time frame and according to client expectations.
- Leads internal collaboration sessions to ensure quality assurance and control during the planning and implementation.
- Responsible for owning and resolving a wide range of standard and non-standard client requests and account issues.
- Independently proposes, develops and leads cross functional solutions to solve highly complex or non-standard client requests with minimal guidance.
- Responsible for client satisfaction for a portfolio of clients measured via client surveys and other methodology.
- Understands clients’ global footprint and contractual agreements. Promotes and ensures contract adherence.
- Collaborates with existing clients to gather and understand clients’ requirements for add-on services.
- Professionally interacts with clients, building strong relationships.
- Educates and orients clients in Equinix policies and procedures and client facing support and ordering systems.
- Conducts client meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews. Responsible for preparing customised presentation material as required.
- Provides international project management leadership. Collaborates cross functionally with other countries and regions in the planning, reporting and delivery of multi-region deployments.
- Creates and presents executive summaries at the end of each client project highlighting key contributors, lessons learned and applied and successes.
- Demonstrates proper and prescribed use of Equinix systems, tools and processes (e.g. case management, ticketing system, etc.).
- Designated Subject Matter Expert for assigned departmental processes.
- Develops and maintains expertise on Equinix products and services.
- Leads and manages departmental special projects and cross functional initiatives.
- Develops and builds strong relationships with Sales, Operations and other cross functional teams.
- Supports Sales Team to eliminate their involvement in non-sales activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data centres including tour certifications as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Marketing to identify potential clients for case studies for Equinix.
- Provides client representation and participation on advisory boards and internal corporate initiatives that may impact clients.
- Provides coverage for Manager when required. Able to mentor, guide and escalate items for CSMs on Manager’s behalf.
- Degree level qualification, preferably in a technical subject, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Extensive experience in a CSM equivalent role or prior relevant Equinix experience.
- Experience in a high pressure, customer facing role.
- Proven track record in building positive relationships with clients.
- Experience in a technical industry; preferably IT, telecommunications or data centres.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Collaborative personality and able to build strong personal relationships.
- Highly organised, with attention to detail and a dedication to resolving issues.
- Calm and effective under pressure. Able to remain professional in high stress situations.
- Able to plan, execute and manage high volumes of work.
- Embraces change
- Technical aptitude and understanding of the technical service industry preferred.
- Able to interact with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Requires a high level of analysis, judgement, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude in accepting unique and non-standard solutions.
- Able to train and/or mentor others.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
Are you interested?
Click apply now!