Around the globe, UL works to help customers, purchasers and policymakers navigate market risk and complexity. UL builds trust in the safety, security and sustainability of products, organizations and supply chains – enabling smarter choices and better lives. Our robust suite of offerings includes testing, inspection, auditing, certification, marketing claim verification, training, advisory services and software solutions.
In all that we do, we apply science and expertise to enable the responsible development, production, marketing and purchase of the goods, solutions and innovations of today and tomorrow. To learn more about us, visit UL.com.
This exciting role will work as part of a team to support and configure our software for the customer. This role will focus on the more technical elements of the system which will require working knowledge of SQL and authoring of data collection forms using XML.
Consultancy and support
- Provide support to existing clients including report generation at critical times of the year
- Advise and assist the client in maintaining and enhancing their application.
- Configure the system as per the defined requirements using the system user interface
- Liaison with developers for advanced configuration and development of the system
- To build and maintain custom forms using XML/SQL build scripts
- Work with technical teams to resolve system and configuration issues.
- Attend customer meetings and calls as and when required as part of support, ensuring a professional image at all time
- Provide training to clients on existing functionality
- Draft training documentation both generically for the system and for client-specific purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline
- Industry knowledge in the field of Sustainability (both management and reporting) is a plus
- A high level of numeracy\
- Relevant skills and knowledge to resolve support cases
- Ability to learn new technologies while maintaining high levels of performance in an ambiguous, high-pressure environment
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with interdependent roles/employees within internal teams
- Experience working to effectively troubleshoot, and problem solve. This includes being able to work independently to analyse the situation, identify obstacles, obtain key pieces of information, and apply knowledge gained to rectify situations and gain mutual resolution
- A competitive salary and a bonus arrangement
- An international, innovative and dynamic work environment
- Personal development: a large range of trainings which enables you to develop your technical and soft skills
- International career path opportunities in the future