Objective of the Role
To support the Customer Service Manager in leading, motivating and developing the Customer Service, Quality and Operations Training teams to ensure they are effective in their roles and that KPi’s and SLA’s are achieved.
Thirty-five hours per week, Monday - Friday between the hours of 08.00 – 18.00, Saturday 9am-1pm Due to the nature of this position, hours may vary in line with business requirements and flexibility is required.
Coaching and development
Support and guide your teams to ensure they perform at optimum levels:
- Provide advice to your teams as required.
- Undertake daily case load checks with the Customer Service Advisors.
- Carry out monthly one to ones with your team and maximise these opportunities to provide constructive feedback and discuss any issues they may be experiencing.
- Understand the ambitions and aspirations of the team members and help them to develop by actively ensuring they have personal development plans in place which support this.
Make sure that structured, regular two way communication is in place, using e-mail only as a supporting communication channel not the primary one:
- Schedule and conduct monthly team meetings. Agendas and minutes must be created and the agenda should have team input.
- Ensure that information is communicated to all Team Members when it is received and confirm that all parties have received it.
- Make sure that the Customer Service Manager is made aware of any changes to policies, processes, working practices etc.
- Ensure that when the Customer Service Manager is not available, that customer or client issues are escalated to the most senior Operations Manager.
- Communicate any new product/service/technical developments to the teams.
- Handle escalated customer or client contacts and manage through to resolution.
- Provide the teams with daily/weekly/monthly statistics and highlight positive and negative trends as well as actions required.
Our objective is ‘first time resolution’. To be more efficient, and provide a better service to our clients and customers, we need to resolve the majority of cases by telephone. You are responsible for ensuring the team achieve this objective:
- To ensure that the team is focused on resolving customer issues on the phone as much as possible and monitoring individuals’ performance to validate this.
- Make sure that the team logs all cases in line with agreed procedures and maintain accurate diary and task records.
- Monitor the overall workload situation and reallocate resources/cases as required. When cases begin to fall outside of SLA, overtime must be agreed, organised and a clearance plan created, implemented and completed.
- Support and advise the team in making decisions relating to goodwill.
You need to support your team to enable them to do their jobs well and to develop in their roles. However you are also responsible for ensuring that they perform to the standard we require and which is needed to get the job done:
- Actively manage the real time performance of the team. Monitor workloads and outstanding tasks. Monitor telephone activity.
- Check audit volumes and ensure feedback sessions taking place between Quality Team and operations areas.
- Manage individuals’ performance through coaching, audit, review and target setting.
- Ensure that any negative performance issues are documented and followed up within agreed timescales.
- Manage lateness and absence.
We have to deliver a really positive customer experience especially at a key Moment of Truth when they don’t believe they have received the service they should have:
- Make sure that the team really want to deliver the best service at every opportunity.
- Promote and support empowerment to find the best solution, respecting the principles of both TCF and commercial sense.
Planning, Budget and Cost Control
- Meet weekly with the Customer Service Manager to review the previous week’s performance and plan for the week ahead to minimise impact of absence, holiday, volume increases, new starters etc.
- Utilise the overtime budget fairly and wisely
- Monitor and review goodwill expenditure and ensure alignment with TCF
You’re responsible for the teams within the department and there are a number of administrative tasks which require completion:
- Closed file review - this needs to be done on a monthly basis.
- Conduct annual appraisals, end of probation reviews and monthly one to ones.
- Maintain sickness, holiday and payroll records.
- Ensure all team members are aware of evacuation and out of hours security procedures.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary meetings when required.
- Maintain training, coaching and feedback records.
You will on occasion need to deputise for the Customer Service Manager and will also need to represent that department in your own role with internal and external clients and teams.
You are responsible for producing and disseminating daily/weekly and monthly reports as required.
You will also be responsible for the following;
Health & Safety
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974.
- To notify your Supervisor/Manager of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees.
- To advise your Manager of any areas of work which you feel require additional training.
- Be available for training on new schemes/policy changes and skills as required.
Key Performance Areas
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Key Performance Area targets set for the department.
Ad Hoc Duties
- You are expected to undertake any reasonable request to carry out or take responsibility for other duties when asked to do so by your Manager.
- To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
- Well presented
- Good standard of general education
- English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Mathematics GCSE or equivalent
- A good motivator able to inspire others
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work across different teams and balance multiple responsibilities
- A minimum of 2 years Supervisory or equivalent experience within a blue chip environment
- Demonstrable understanding of the difference between good and bad customer service
- Experience of coaching for improved performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Administrative skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- English Language A Level or equivalent
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- Knowledge of FSA
- Clean, current driving license