The Senior Client Service Manager (Sr. CSM) position is pivotal in the delivery of services to a portfolio of Equinix clients. The Sr. CSM drives collaboration with client and internal cross functional teams to manage client implementations and meet client requirements timely and efficiently. The Sr. CSM also owns and manages a very broad range of account and service related client questions, requests, and issues to resolution.
The Sr. CSM manages the on-going customer service relationship and serves as the primary point of contact through the client lifecycle. The Sr. CSM is the client advocate, responsible for the overall satisfaction of clients.
The Sr. CSM is also instrumental in offering guidance and mentoring to newer, less experienced CSMs. The portfolio of clients for the Sr. CSM position is generally strategic in nature, very large in scope/complexity, with a strong global presence. The Sr. CSM is expected to work independently and cross functionally on all complex client requests and issues with minimal management guidance needed.
- This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Manages new and existing complex client installations, working cross functionally to deliver services in the agreed upon time frame and according to client expectations. Leads internal collaboration sessions to ensure quality assurance and control during the planning and implementation.
- Responsible for owning and resolving a wide range of standard and non-standard client requests and account issues. Independently proposes, develops and leads cross functional solutions to solve highly complex or non-standard client requests with minimal guidance.
- Responsible for client satisfaction for a portfolio of clients measured via client surveys and other methodology.
- Understands clients’ global footprint and contractual agreements. Promotes and ensures contract adherence.
- Collaborates with existing clients to gather and understand clients’ requirements for add-on services.
- Professionally interacts with clients, building strong relationships.
- Educates and orients clients in Equinix policies and procedures and client facing support and ordering systems.
- Conducts client meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews. Responsible for preparing customized presentation material as required.
- Provides international project management leadership. Collaborates cross functionally with other countries and regions in the planning, reporting and delivery of multi-region deployments.
- Creates and presents executive summaries at the end of each client project highlighting key contributors, lessons learned and applied and successes.
- Demonstrates proper and prescribed use of Equinix systems, tools and processes (e.g. case management, ticketing system, etc.).
- Designated Subject Matter Expert for assigned departmental processes.
- Develops and maintains expertise on Equinix products and services.
- Leads and manages departmental special projects and cross functional initiatives.
- Develops and builds strong relationships with Sales, Operations and other cross functional teams.
- Supports Sales Team to eliminate their involvement in non-sales activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IBXs including tour certifications as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Marketing to identify potential clients for case studies for Equinix.
- Provides client representation and participation on advisory boards and internal corporate initiatives that may impact clients.
- Provides coverage for Manager when required. Able to mentor, guide and escalate items for CSMs on Manager’s behalf.
- Degree level qualification, preferably in a technical subject, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Extensive experience in a CSM equivalent role or prior relevant Equinix experience.
- Experience in a high pressure, customer facing role.
- Proven track record in building positive relationships with clients.
- Experience in a technical industry; preferably IT, telecommunications or data centers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Collaborative personality and able to build strong personal relationships.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and a dedication to resolving issues.
- Calm and effective under pressure. Able to remain professional in high stress situations.
- Able to plan, execute and manage high volumes of work.
- Embraces change
- Technical aptitude and understanding of the technical service industry preferred.
- Able to interact with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Requires a high level of analysis, judgment, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude in accepting unique and non-standard solutions.
- Able to train and/or mentor others.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.