To provide Customer Service / Diagnostics training to support learners making the transition from a General & Billing focused role, to a technical role. Learners will be dealing with customers general billing queries for their first 3 months of their journey and then will make a transition to dealing customer’s fault with their communication products.
This will be in a fast paced, contact centre environment with a high volume of staff turnover. The Trainer will support the upskilling of existing colleagues aligned to the departments competency matrix (Pay Progression). They will contribute towards the wider HR team’s objectives of reducing staff attrition and increasing the Pay Progression % Mover Rate, particularly supporting them through their first 6 months journey with the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the Operational Business Training Team with regular delivery around Generic Induction of New Starters and the technical ‘Diagnostics Training’ for existing staff.
- Liaise with the Senior Trainer to drive continuous improvements of content relating to Generic Induction and Diagnostics Training.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of all elements of the departments 12-week development plans, including planned development sessions and on the floor coaching support.
- Ensure training interventions strongly link to development of skills and performance set out within their ‘Pay Progression’ scheme to ensure employees are equipped to move up through progression levels at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure instances of delivery (approx. 70% of role) are varied, practical and engaging for learners but also supports the HR and business objectives.
- Work in collaboration with Operational Managers and Department Coaches to provide guidance and consistency on the people development plans
- Ensure relationships with stakeholders are actively managed, including regular update meetings, reporting / evaluation of on-going interventions
- Work with operational teams to gather evidence and metrics against the impact of training interventions delivered.
- Use feedback in a constructive and pro-active way to help with the learner’s development needs.
- Ensure all training outcomes are recorded on the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
- Identify and feedback to the Senior Trainer and Training Manager any new training requirements highlighted within the Customer Services and Diagnostics department
You will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality service to all internal customers. Credible and comfortable in delivering and communicating at all levels. Reliable, tolerant and determined, an empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and business like.
The key essential personal attributes are listed below;
- Professional and varied approach to L&D
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the business and its learners
- Previous experience within a high volume contact centre environment is critical
- Previous experience of working in L&D / Training role
- Organised, with good time management skills
- Customer centric outlook
- Creative and proactive
- Clear, concise and engaging presenter
- Passionate about achieving tangible business results through their role
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office suite
£22,000 - £24,000