Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Recruitment: Let's help one another
The health, welfare and safety of our colleagues and the people we recruit is vital to us therefore we are closely monitoring Government guidance to ensure we are complying with guidelines and Wescot’s duty of care. This includes operating strict social distancing within our work, training, recreation and general access areas to ensure we protect all our colleagues in every office. We are aware these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone therefore at Wescot we are ensuring we are doing all we can to help our customers as well as employees.
As a business we have had to adapt quickly to respond to the COVID situation to keep doing what we are here to do – to help our customers achieve their own financial recovery. For many of our customers today, this is less about financial recovery and more about financial survival. We believe there is no organisation better placed to help our customers through this period of stress as this is exactly what we have been doing for almost 50 years for millions of individuals. Many of our customers are currently subject to a level of stress and anxiety that they have never encountered before – but the feedback we have received demonstrates how what we do can change people’s lives. When they reach out to engage with us, we are there to listen.
We are currently recruiting for essential roles which will help our clients deliver vital services to our customers at this time
Wescot was incorporated in Scotland in 1983, but following expansion now operates in Bolton, Glasgow, Hull, Malton , Saltcoats and Telford.
Wescot are not your typical contact centre... We offer our customers a range of financial services across our various sites. We work on behalf of banking, utility, telecoms and retail finance companies whose customers have fallen behind with their repayments. We strive to deliver gold-standard customer service, working with each individual customer to establish affordable and sustainable repayment arrangements. We are focused on an ethical approach and provide excellent service which we believe is due to our fantastic employees offering the best possible outcomes to all our customers. Due to vast growth we have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and supportive operational teams in Glasgow City Centre, which is based conveniently next to all travel links, gyms, restaurants and cafes. You will receive a competitive salary and fantastic enhanced benefits package. Wescot also provides structured in-house modern apprenticeships for a range of adviser and managerial roles.
As a Customer Service Consultant your role is to talk to our customers and set up affordable and sustainable repayment plans. You will use your listening and questioning skills to gain an understanding of their individual circumstances and to agree the best course of action, recognising when you customer may require specialist support. You will also assist customers by handling queries as well as carrying out regular reviews to make sure their payment arrangements are still suitable. This will involve dealing with a combination of inbound calls from customers and calls presented via our outbound dialler, ensuring that we treat customers as individuals, recognising those in financial difficulties and or vulnerable situations. Where appropriate, recommending free debt advice or passing the customer to one of our specialist teams.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- You do not require previous financial or contact centre experience, however this would be of benefit. We do require you to have proven experience in a customer service role.
- Communication – excellent communication, listening and questioning skills.
- Team work – can work as an effective team member towards common goals.
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility for own achievements and development.
- Achievement orientated with the drive to succeed.
- Customer & Client Focused – takes personal responsibility for providing an excellent customer experience.
- Computer literate.
- Competitive salary – Increased after probation
- Your Customer Reward – a team reward for great quality calls
- Your Business Reward – retail vouchers for going the extra mile
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 31 Days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 3 years’ service and 35 days after 8 years’ service (pro rata for part time)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Fantastic Retail and Entertainment Discount Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Comprehensive induction training and Grad Bay support
- Regular training and education to ensure you’re always up to date
- Free fruit on site
You can choose your working hours between 35 – 40hrs. We work on a rotational shift pattern between Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm with 1 in every 3rd Saturday 9am - 5pm.
Every colleague has an important part to play in the success of our business. Our dedicated Learning & Development team make sure that each Wescot team member receives the training and development they need to develop in their current role and should they wish, progress up the career ladder.
Wescot is an equal opportunities recruiter and welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.We are an FCA regulated company we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening on all successful candidates.