Arvals mission is to deliver the most effective vehicle leasing and fleet management solutions to businesses of all sizes. Through consultancy and leading services, we aim to understand the needs of our customers to meet their driver and vehicle requirements.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship role located in Sale, Manchester.
The post holder will assist with a range of duties across the Corporate Sales Account Teams in Manchester. This will include supporting Account Managers with key enabling tasks and administration activities.
The post holder will support how we deliver the best levels of service and solutions to our corporate customers.
The successful candidate will learn and be given training in the required skills and responsibilities over the term of the apprenticeship. Then the apprentice will be able to undertake the full range of duties listed below in support of the Manchester Account Teams.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Learning to apply a range of skills in order to provide an excellent service to customers including answering incoming calls, making outgoing calls, responding to emails and assisting with administrative and support tasks
- Learning to deal with all queries in an effective and efficient way
- Learning how to accurately maintain records, both manual and computerised
- Meeting agreed targets and helping to support the delivery of Arvals objectives
- Effectively using IT as appropriate
- Gaining a good understanding of the procedures and policies of Arval
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and build effective working relationships and internal and external customers
- Excellent Microsoft office skills including Excel and Word at an intermediate level
- First class customer service mind-set
- Customer awareness
- Excellent telephone and keyboard skills
- Be really keen to begin a career within a professional business environment
Desired qualification requirements:
This candidate will have at least 5 x GCSE (C and above) including Maths and English.
Monday to Friday,
9am - 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 per annum
Benefits of the role:
- Employee pension scheme – the company will add in up to 10% per month into your pension pot!
- Life assurance – 4 times salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.