Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Background and Job Responsibilities:
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY19 generated $728 million in annual revenue and contributed 15% towards overall Experian group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.9b in revenue annually - by 2024. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning Software, Identity & Fraud, and Analytics. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications, utilities and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, TransUnion, IBM, PEGA, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
This is a visible and critical role, with high leadership exposure, and is critical to influence across central and regional team leaders. As such we are looking for an inspirational strategy leader who can support our ambitions and continue to evolve the team to drive additional growth across our product lines and markets
Context & Focus
The current Marketing & Strategy team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation and to drive scale across the regions - with emphasis on pivoting the business towards SaaS offerings and API-based software, data and analytics capabilities. A critical enabler is going to be Experian's ability to engage with its clients digitally.
As a result, we require a leader who can drive our customer self-service agenda globally and the underlying digital transformation of our processes.
• Lead the development of Experian's self-service portal (self-service vision & ambition, strategy, experience, product roadmap, product management, etc.) including the work needed to power the functionality where required
• Engage with clients around their self-service needs and priorities across the lifecycle (e.g. pre-sales, customisation, onboarding, in-life)
• Coordinate the prioritisation of the roadmap and backlog
• Make the case for investments where needed (front-end, back-end, teams) and drive change
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge:
• Proven experience in B2B customer self-service and digital product management
• Clear thinker and excellent communicator both written and verbal able to create internal awareness around customer self-service and digital transformation, coupled with ability to roll up sleeves
• Ability to synthesise information into clear strategies (intellectual horsepower to assess operational issues and synthesize information at speed)
• Global mindset, open to different cultures, people and aware of the different markets and industries across all different regions
• Excellent relationship building skills and natural collaborator, connector and networker
• Ability to effectively challenge views and build consensus
• Self-motivated, organised, disciplined and structured
Candidate Profile - Industry & Domain Experience & Qualifications:
• Significant business experience, including several years relevant experience in a B2B customer self-service and digital product management
• Industry experience most likely obtained in Financial Services or Tech firm
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.