At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Customer Project Manager for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award-winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice, Linz, Milan and Paris.
In your role you will,
• Act as a primary point of contact with our customer base for the detailed project management of the aircraft interior and exterior completion and equipment configurations in respect of the associated technical specification packages.
• Expected to liaise with all internal stakeholders including, but not limited to Engineering, Interior Design, Production, Finance, Legal, Contract Management and Sales to ensure that all Completion Definition specifications are consistent with our business strategy while ensuring that customer expectations are exceeded.
• Perform Project Management duties for multiple aircraft to include identification of potential risks and management of constraints.
• Monitor workflow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget. Support Project Responsible/Certifying Staff who manage the project.
• Serve as customer primary point-of-contact in communicating, coordinating, and follow-up on commitments and items such as time/labour/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and address warranty issues (ODC & Customer Dispute) (SAP).
• Develop Timeline (Gant chart) and maintain schedule (Pivotal) through aircraft delivery and follow-up.
• Update daily reports on status of aircraft and report to during the Daily Management Meeting on Maintenance Projects. Responsible for providing updates on customer issues and invoices during the daily meeting.
• Review, approve, and sign final customer invoice as needed (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and review of service orders (SVOs).
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding financial objectives on all projects.
• Support the team, with the aid of the technical records department, in returning aircraft to service (RTS) after maintenance.
• Perform post work package activities (Pivotal), (i.e., customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure).
• Coordinate with customer concerning entertainment during site visit.
• Once the project starts, coordinate special programs together with Planning and the Project Responsible/Certifying Staff (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty)
• Any other adhoc assignment task by management.
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment
• Maintain current training with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses and seminars as necessary
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a wealth of experience in performing aircraft heavy/line maintenance, which must include years in a supervisory or lead role
• You have EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent
• You have knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL
• You have basic knowledge of applicable EASA Regulations, PART 145 and other regulation as needed
• You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs for business jet aircraft
• You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for business jet aircraft
• You have basic knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You are skilled in Customer services and Problem resolution necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You have previous experience with business jet aircraft
• You have previous experience in Project Management
• You have excellent computer literacy and are competent on basic computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF). Knowledge of specific IT systems (e.g. SAP, Pivotal) would be beneficial, but not essential.
• You have good verbal and written communication skills
• You have excellent planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.