Role: CI&G Wealth Distribution Consultant/Manager
Travel: Up to 100%
Our mission is to become one of the world's leading companies, bringing innovations to improve the way the world works and lives.
To achieve this we spend our time transforming and evolving some of the world’s best-known companies. Those companies come to us because they want to make more of their opportunities, adapt successfully to change and put ideas into action.
Accenture is approximately 360,000 people across the globe, serving clients in 120 countries. We want to grow our teams to help reach our goals and for that, we need you.
Financial Services is an industry in rapid transition driven by shrinking margins, more demanding customers, digital innovation and the rise of new more nimble competitors. Accenture is responding to this by having experts who concentrate on helping CMOs, Customer Directors, Chief Digital Officers, Proposition Directors and Distribution Directors facing these challenges. These experts form our Customer Insight &Growth (CI&G) team.
Our purpose will be to help Financial Services firms deliver compelling and innovative customer experiences, allow them to serve their customers better, gain insight from ‘big data’ and help them grow their business through innovative digital solutions - with an ambition to be the go-to organisation and dominant force in shaping the market. We will provide specialised Management Consulting, industrial scale technology delivery and innovate operational services to the market place.
The CI&G community sits within our Financial Services Consulting Business, across Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management, Banking & Insurance. Projects within CI&G are diverse and generally relate to:
- Customer experience
- Customer service
- Marketing transformation
- Digital propositions
- Distribution channels and customer
- Digital analytics
It’s important to understand what you might be doing on a day to day basis, and how this might differ from your current position, to make sure Accenture is the right place for you. Most Managers spend the majority of their time working on client sites, delivering a project, with the expectation of extra-curricular responsibilities and practice building on the side. Projects vary dramatically in size and length, with a typical project lasting 6-9 months with an immediate team of 5-10 people.
Wealth Distribution specialists are responsible for managing CI&G projects with “Premium banking” businesses of Retail Banks, Wealth Managers, Private Banks as well as Life, Pension and Investment (LP&I) providers. The role typically involves activities such as defining Distribution channel and customer offering strategies, driving analysis and solving design issues. Wealth Distribution specialists help clients formulate their front-office requirements and shape solutions by leveraging the client’s business, operational and IT stakeholders. They bring together the best of Accenture’s Strategy, Capital Markets, Digital, Change Management and Technology teams. Through client engagements and the development of Accenture’s offerings, Wealth Distribution practitioners develop deep knowledge in the Wealth Management and / or LP&I industry, its challenges / trends, the clients, the technologies supporting industry incumbents, and the channels they use to distribute their products and services.
The most important thing for us is that you display the right attitude. We would like you to actively contribute to our community and clients as practitioners, who can think logically, solve problems and engage others. We want you to be driven to develop yourself and others, as well as having a ‘big picture’ understanding of the Financial Services Industry.
As well as the above, you should have expertise in one or more the following areas:
- Knowledge of Premium Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Mass Affluent Banking and / or LP&I, with experience of working with FS clients in one or more of these areas to drive Customer Insight and Growth transformation initiatives.
- Experience in shaping and/or implementing Distribution strategies and models: customer segmentation, channel strategy. A focus on relationship management models: activities performed by RMs (Relationship Managers), Intermediaries and Wealth advisors, how they interact with their clients, how they should be dedicated / allocated to clients.
- ‘Multi-channel’ and/or digital development covering Branch, Remote channels (Telephony) and Online services (e-banking, tablet, mobile…). Knowledge of impacts of Digital technologies on traditional Relationship Management Operating Models and how industry players can “rotate Advisory to the New”, for example via Robo-advice or Hybrid service models.
- Experience in developing and executing Marketing strategies and campaigns. Leveraging social media listening and publication on online platforms.
- Functional expertise on Distribution processes specific to Wealth and / or LP&I: KYC, CRM, investment / portfolio management, ALM, pensions, insurance and retirement, prospect management and rewards. For example, an understanding of what distinguishes a regulated financial advisor from a non-regulated one.
- Understanding of the demographics and expectations of Mass Affluent customers, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), and above, in terms of service quality, Customer Experience and channels. But also on how to identify and engage with future Wealth prospects (for example younger generations).
- Ability to operate at all stages of development lifecycle, from initial strategy projects through to full programme delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology, familiarity with Scrums as well as more classic ‘Waterfall’ delivery approaches.
- Experience of delivery programmes, including risk / issue management and project management.
- A good team collaborator and people leader who is a strong written / verbal communicator with excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesise large amounts of information.
- Extra-curricular or external roles displaying leadership qualities.