Do you have a passion for customer service?
Are you looking for a varied, interesting and challenging new role?
Would you like to receive exceptional training and development?
If the answer to these three questions is "Yes!", then look no further!
We have a new opportunity for a Customer Care Officer to join our Customer Care team in our rapidly growing, award-winning Financial Services Company based in Reigate, Surrey.
With opportunities for career progression, we are a company that wants to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
Our Investors in People Gold accolade demonstrates our commitment to putting our employees first and investing in their future.
In addition, Intrum has been awarded a 3 star 'Exceptional' accreditation from Investors in Customers for five consecutive years. This demonstrates our passion for seeking to understand the customer's situation and create bespoke solutions for each of them. We believe in ethical practices, fair treatment of customers and creating a positive customer experience.
As a Customer Care Officer your role will involve:
- Investigating cases where customers are experiencing vulnerable circumstances that are passed to the team from the main Collections floor using a dialler system and communicating with customers and third parties by email, letter and telephone.
- Establishing the nature of sensitivity, be that medical, financial or other and ensuring the account is appropriately managed in line with Intrum's policies and procedures.
- Being compliant at all times by ensuring that Intrum procedures are followed, including satisfactory data protection checks.
- Listening to customers, demonstrating understanding and empathy towards their situation, responding and questioning to fully establish the customers' circumstances. This may also involve researching into medical conditions in order to deal with each customer appropriately. Where appropriate, signposting customers to sources of free independent money advice or support service.
- Building rapport and trust with customers, creating a positive customer experience by adhering to our culture of fair treatment and customer centricity.
- Speaking to customers in order to complete affordability assessments and where appropriate set up an agreeable payment plans.
- Explaining the benefits of reaching their "debt free date" and providing clear information and timescales with regard to their agreed payment term.
- Effective note taking - ensuring records of calls are accurate, professional and a true reflection of the conversation
- Adhering to Intrum's governing bodies at all times which includes the TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) framework and the FCA Consumer Credit Sourcebook.
- Liaising with the Advice Sector and Citizen Advice Bureau in order to establish the correct route of action or support for the customer.
- Liaising with other internal departments and providing feedback as required on any cases that may have been managed differently to support the customer journey.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly targets including call quality and compliance.
- Attending meetings and training as required, completing annual CSA CAI accreditation and demonstrating compliance competence via internal testing.
Healthcare | Customer Service | Customer Care Advisor | Financial Difficulty | Telephone | Empathy
- The ideal candidate will have a desire to make a conscious effort to assist and engage customers, through high levels of empathy and understanding
- Ability to build rapport and engage communication with any audience. Communicating logically and using language to fit the audience
- Demonstrate a desire and energy towards excellence and quality within the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to liaise with all levels of personnel appropriately and professionally
- Previous experience working in a customer service environment such as retail, call centres, hospitality etc
Intrum is a leading global Credit Management Services company, with a presence in over 24 countries, offering services designed to measurably improve our customers and client's financial circumstances.
Our UK offices are situated in the historic town of Reigate, Surrey. As a company, we buy non-performing unsecured consumer debt portfolios from leading UK banks and credit card companies, as well as other credit lenders. Once the debt has been sold to us, we work towards collecting it by engaging with customers or their representatives in an ethical manner ensuring above all else fair outcomes to the customers we are in contact with.
£19,000.00 - £20,000.00 per year