Curriculum Team Leader in Access & Teacher Education (2 posts)
37 hours x 52 weeks
Salary Information for Lecturing Staff
Additional Responsibilities points 33-35, £33,823 - £35,874
Are you an experienced educator, who has a passion for what they do?
Can you engage with others, inspiring them to achieve great results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you have an eye for detail and an understanding of systems and processes?
Can you work under pressure and deliver results that show sustained improvement?
If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you to become inspirational and to start your career as a Curriculum Team Leader in Access and Teacher Education for The Sheffield College.
The Sheffield College
Have you ever thought about using your skills and experience to benefit others as a Curriculum Team Leader. At The Sheffield College we are passionate about all our delivery and are proud that our Access and Teacher Education Academy has experienced significant growth in all areas of their provision. As one of the newest academies to the college we have undertaken a journey to ensure that our provision is the very best we can offer to our adult students.
The Academy offers opportunities to adult learners who wish to undertake academic study to progress to university through our Access to HE programmes or who are interested in teaching and education.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone currently working within education or industry to join our team as a Curriculum Team Leader.
You will be joining an excellent, dedicated and self-motivated engineering team, as well as providing additional knowledge and experience for the future development of a successful department.
- Deliver quality teaching and learning
- Lead on departmental and cross college events
- Support all students and staff to achieve their goals
- Support the team and head of academy to ensure the continued success and growth of the area through being integral in all quality processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- GCSE English Language and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent
- Level 6 qualification, preferably a degree, or equivalent professional qualification
- Appropriate level teaching qualification.
- Relevant teaching experience to the curriculum area.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of quality procedures relating to Access to HE courses and the management of them
- 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days annual leave plus 5 discretionary days)
- Auto enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and education staff discounts.
Closing Date: 25 October2020
Shortlisting Date: W/C 26 October2020
Interview Date: W/C 2 November2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to ‘transform your life through learning’.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
Please click the box above to view the job description, person specification and notes of guidance. If you are accessing this advert on your mobile device, the box will be replaced by a button.