MPC expands into Streaming and Episodic VFX with the launch of a specialist division, MPC Episodic. The division offers episodic directors and producers access to the pioneering technology and world-class talent behind recent blockbusters such as; The Lion King, Godzilla: King of The Monsters, Detective Pikachu and the BAFTA award winning 1917.
Led by MD Tom Williams, Executive VFX Supervisor, Pete Jopling (The Bourne Legacy, Captain America: Civil War, Chernobyl),Head of Creative Gurel Mehmet (The Witcher, Avengers: Endgame, Inception) and Senior Producer Therese Zambra (Mars, Frontline) MPC Episodic is actively hiring the industrys top VFX talent, to work on some of the most exciting series visual effects work in the industry.
Crowd Artists populate scenes with large amounts of agents in Houdini.
This ranges from huge battlefields and sprawling cities, to animal herds, flocks of birds and fish, epic space battles, zombie apocalypses and everything in between!
Reporting to the Crowd Lead and show Supervision, your main tasks will be:
- Setting up crowd agents and clips for shot creation
- Populating and choreographing scenes using proprietary Houdini tools and work flows
- When necessary, create Houdini simulations for more complex behaviors
- Create dailies to review and follow creative and technical feedback
- Release approved crowd to the pipeline for other departments to pick up
- Work with other Crowd Artists to create great looking shots in a smart and efficient manner
- A solid knowledge of Houdini
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- A background in crowd simulation methods
- Technical background using Python and VEX
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- Experience in a VFX production pipeline
- Simulation experience
- Problem solving skills
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MPC Episodicwe have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
This job application remains open even when we dont have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.