Credit Risk Specialist - Loans & Derivatives (Workouts) - Vice President
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Job: Credit Risk
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Credit Risk Specialist – Loans & Derivatives (Workouts) – Vice President
Division: Risk Management Job Title: Credit Risk Specialist Loans & Derivatives (Workouts)
Location: London Job Level: Vice PResident
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
To help manage restructuring cases, analyse counterparties, identify and quantify risk drivers in requests and transactions, undertake valuations, make recommendations and manage exposure of assets overseen by the Special Assets Oversight Team.
• Manage portfolio of underperforming and work-out corporate loan and derivative counterparties, waiver and amendment requests, new financing requests and periodic reviews.
• Liaise with clients, counsel and internal business units on credit requirements and structural considerations, on credit decisions and ongoing relationship and exposure management.
• Manage review and decision making process for requests and transactions, including discussions with committee and senior management.
• Analyse economic and market events and their impact on the portfolio of counterparties managed.
• Mentor and train other team members.
Skills required (essential)
• Extensive experience in work-out / capital structure restructuring, working with legal and financial advisors
• Experience in corporate credit analysis and financial forecasting, valuations, assigning ratings and sizing risk appetite.
• Familiarity with financial markets, financing and risk mitigating structures.
• Product knowledge e.g. leveraged loans, swaps, equities.
• Familiarity with legal documentation and risk issues, including Inter Creditor Agreements, Loans and bond documentation, ISDAs, CSAs, netting, and credit mitigating features.
• Extensive working knowledge of computer applications, including Excel (financial modeling), Powerpoint and Word.
• Fluency in English plus one European language would be an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Source : Morgan Stanley