We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
The Enterprise Risk team is a high performing, high profile team that works hard to ensure that we demonstrate our experience and knowledge through balanced recommendations and oversight supporting senior management to make informed risk decisions.
The team provides key inputs to the Group’s risk management, ensuring alignment with organisation objectives, best practice and regulatory expectations. It ensures that Risk has a clear understanding of emerging prudential requirements, developing effective relationships with third parties to ensure the group has a clear appreciation of the broader context and how it may impact strategy and approach.
The role of Credit Risk Analyst - Modelling is really important to us as it will work independently on the oversight and validation of models which makes up part of the wider IRB programme.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Validation and Oversight Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Work independently on the oversight and validation of credit risk models
- Provide clear and concise validation reports covering all material model risks
- Documentation of validation findings and communication of results to senior management and presentation to relevant committees.
- Input into the design of validation policies, processes and standards
- Keep abreast of model validation regulation and developments
- Working with project teams, provide insights into implementation strategies and pragmatic solutions
- Working with key stakeholders, support identification and implementation of enhancements based upon model developments
What do we expect of you?
- At least graduate level (or equivalent) qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field.
- Solid programming skill including SAS with hands on experience in relevant credit risk modelling and / or validations
- IRB modelling or validation experience would be highly beneficial but not essential
- Extensive experience in quantitative modelling and/or model validations
- Good understanding of credit portfolio management, stress testing and model uses for credit rating and capital estimations
- Proven stakeholder management
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers.We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.