WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Credit Risk is responsible for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. The department is staffed globally with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major financial centres, is independent of the Business Units and reports to the Firm’s Chief Risk Officer and Chief Financial Officer. Credit Risk leverages its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis to provide astute and objective judgments to the firm and its clients in new transactions and portfolio management.
Since Credit Risk works closely with almost every division of the firm, its professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the firm functions as a whole. Its unique position keeps the department at the forefront of the firm's strategic developments.
The Workout & Restructuring team is a specialist group within Credit Risk that maintains primary responsibility for managing the firm’s distressed and defaulted credit positions. The London based team has regional coverage for the portfolio in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. All major industries are represented, including retail, natural resources, financial services, TMT and real estate.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's corporate borrowers and counterparties by performing fundamental credit analysis using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Review credit agreements, bond indentures, ISDAs and related legal documents pertinent to transaction structuring and recovery assessments
- Perform detailed analysis for highly structured lending, investing and derivatives trades
- Create and update quarterly portfolio reviews for a diverse and global portfolio of distressed credit related positions
- Track default and recovery metrics, and regularly report key information to senior management
- Contribute to approvals for new distressed loan transactions, recommend regulatory ratings, monitor trends in the portfolio, perform distressed analysis and estimate potential impairments
- Interact regularly with Credit Risk industry teams, Loan Origination, Sales & Trading and Special Situations businesses on transaction approvals
- Actively participate in credit committees and express views with supporting rationale
- Develop and manage relationships with other areas of the firm, including Investment Banking, Sales & Trading, Merchant Banking, Special Situations Group, Controllers, Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Technology, etc.
- Experienced analyst and associate level candidates will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years work experience preferred within either credit risk, distressed investing, restructuring or leveraged finance.
- Excellent academic credentials. Degree in Economics / Finance / Business discipline preferred
- Strong interest and familiarity with corporate finance, financial restructurings and financial markets
- Experience assessing corporate credit quality, and providing assessment for transaction approval
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Comfort building complex financial and valuation models
- Strong ability to manage detailed financial and operating information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and autonomously as part of focused team
- Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity