Job Title: Credit Controller (Part Time)
Location: Yeadon, Leeds
Salary: £8,500 – £10,000 (dependent on experience)
Summary of Position:
Our client is a national, growing business selling window furnishing accessories to the trade with an ambitious growth target for the long term. The Credit Controller will be responsible to collect the cash outstanding from customers to maintain optimum operating cash flow. The Credit Controller will be expected to maintain debtor days below 45 days.
- To call all customers who are overdue.
- To call all customers who are on stop.
- To follow the Credit Control Procedure
- To approve Credit accounts and set up Finance system for credit accounts.
- To close down accounts on the finance system.
- To follow up all bad debts until uncollectable.
- Take appropriate action from the Creditsafe reports received daily.
- Over Credit Limit and Credit Limit Review
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- To maintain debtor days below 45 days.
- To call all customers 15 days beyond terms.
- To prevent bad debts by collecting cash promptly and not extending credit lines.
- To ensure that all customers beyond terms pay before next order.
- To know on a weekly basis what the required Cash Collection should be, and to forecast cash collection within 10%.
- Regular Sending of Follow up correspondence – Lead measure
- Putting Accounts which are overdue on stop – Lead measure
- Number of accounts on stop – Lag measure.
- Value Collected per week – Lag Measure.
Skills & Experience:
- Numerate and Literate
- Willing Team Player
- Confident communicator
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Experience using MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in a similar role would be useful but not essential
Hours of work: 10:30am – 14:30pm, Monday to Friday