- Do you have proven credit control and collections experience?
- Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy?
If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you. Bibby Financial Services is recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our Exports team in Banbury.
*** This role is offered as a 6 Month secondment ***
Our continuing success is a result of the hard work, commitment and innovation of our colleagues. In return we provide our teams with a great place to work, which is why in 2018 for the seventh time, we were awarded a place in The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
Joining our team as a Credit Controller, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum pro rata as well as a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Family BUPA
- Employee Discount Scheme
What will I be doing?
Joining our busy team as a Credit Controller, you will ensure security and profitability of a portfolio of debtors through efficient and effective Sales Ledger Control. You will call up debtors, who are likely to be based internationally to provide them information regarding outstanding balances in their accounts. This may require language skills and a variety of cultural understandings. You will determine whether debts are not collectable and inform the CSM for intervention purposes. Duties include:
- Conduct thorough research on aged / ageing debt and determine which ones can be followed up by prioritising high risk debtors / clients
- Monitor payments to ensure that each delinquent account holder is held to his or her promise of repayment
- Provides an excellent level of service whilst maintaining security and managing risk
- Deputising for the CSM in their absence
- Supporting the Relationship Manager (RM) with day to day contact
- Understanding key issues with regard to factorability, being able to identify when they are present in a sales ledger and recommending corrective actions to CSM/RM
- Manage client accounts in both Sterling and international currencies understanding the Foreign Exchange rates and the impact on clients and debtors.
- Working within the agreed INCOTERMS guidelines relating to international transportation, identifying risks and escalating queries.
What do I need?
Our ideal Credit Controller must have credit control experience within a financial services environment. You will have excellent communication and relationship building skills as well as strong attention to detail. Ideally, you will have an understanding of the working capital cycle. We are also looking for:
- Strong financial understanding and of financial management and audited accounts
- Decision-making skills to set credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/propose decisions,
- IT skills - intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
If you have the skills and experience to excel in the Export Credit Controller position, we want to hear from you. Click apply today!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
pro rata + Benefits