- Maximise the cash receipts for the Division in line with specified target
- Maintain regular contact with customers via phone, email and letter to ensure outstanding debtor balances are collected on time, including collection of historic retention balances. Documenting all communication with customers to ensure visibility of progress within the department.
- Where necessary, involvement in legal process to recover outstanding debts due to prolonged non-payment
- Dealing any customer issues, including providing copy invoices, credit notes and liaising internally with the finance team and wider sales and service management departments to resolve issues.
- Working with the Finance Manager to assist in weekly cash receipt forecasts and documenting progress against weekly cash collection targets to enable department cash flows to be accurately forecast and tracked.
- Report outstanding issues to management and inform them of potential debtor problems.
- Running credit checks and company investigations for new customer applications.
- Ownership of the Sales Ledger portion of the Balance Sheet and ensure reconciliation to General Ledger as part of monthly process
- Production of aged debtors' analysis for review
The successful candidate for the Credit Controller position will have;
- Credit control experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Query and dispute resolution knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
An accountancy qualification is not essential
A salary of between £22,000 and £24,000 is on offer to the successful candidate
The Credit Controller will be working as part of the Finance Team, and will be responsible for collecting outstanding debtor balances; maintaining progress against cash collection targets as well as reviewing existing process and implementing improvements to processes and controls where possible.