Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
To ensure Mitel is prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing global economy and achieve ambitious growth aspirations. The credit team must continue to evolve to support the business, this is your chance to be part of this process, being accountable for the day to day activities and support of the Group Credit function.
You will be a direct support and accountable for the day to day activities of the Germany regional Credit function, key aspects of this include:
- Direct responsibility for managing risk and credit activities for the region(s), with continued support, advice and management of the Credit Manager
- Managing and supporting Germany region, forging strong working relationships and managing/developing your team
- Responsibility for governance and territory engagement on the same
- Compliance in relation to credit matters with guidance and support
- Credit dashboards/reporting and publication and review (and challenging the results)
- Understanding processes, implementing change if required, driving best practice if necessary
Changing business strategies and aggressive growth aspirations result in a constant need for evolution/ change, as such you will be involved in new and active projects that are related to or have impact on the credit function. In addition, it is expected you will be a driver of change, you will identify optimisation/efficiency opportunities and seek to deliver solutions to deliver them.
This is very definitely not a “Business as Usual” role; the exceptional demands mean we are looking for an exceptional person to join our team.
- Be an advocate for the Mitel Credit Policy, communicating (and enforcing if necessary) the rules to ensure they are always applied and that we achieve our goal of minimising risk
- Liaise with Credit Manager and Global Finance Managers in the governance of all matters AR/Credit
- Be the SAP business specialist for credit control matters, reviewing change requests/local requirements and feeding back via Credit Manager
- Be proactive in the identification of opportunities to improve performance (system, procedural or behavioural). Drive best practice by the formulation and delivery of enhancements that identify and eliminate process issues/gaps
- Work with operational teams, review/discuss results and working in partnership to drive for improvements in performance (achieve DSO targets, resolve queries promptly, etc.)
What we need you to have:
- Previous credit control experience (minimum of 2 years), preferably in a telephony or cloud environment but not essential
- Previous experience of culture and German region
- Experience of managing credit in an evolving high-pressure and challenging environment
- Dispute management
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes
- A driver of change and experienced in managing it (and be able to manage others to adapt quickly to it)
- A high level of numeracy and PC literacy (including comprehensive Excel knowledge)
- The ability to work and lead others in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Excellent people skills enabling continued support, motivation and development in your region
- Strong communication skills with the ability to forge effective/collaborative relationships throughout the business and with external contacts alike
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Able to review and challenge understandings to propose change
- Results driven
- Must be flexible to meet business pressures and deadlines
- Additional language skills are essential (French)
- Experience and knowledge of SAP is preferred
- German banking nuances with knowledge of direct debits and contra accounting
- Knowledge of letters of credit, bank guarantees, certificates of residence and foreign trade preferred but not essential
For more information, go www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.