This is a full time role working Monday to Friday and will initially be home based but will require travel to the Colchester Head office in the future.
The successful candidate will work within the Sales Ledger Team of the Group Finance Department of Spicerhaart Estate Agents Limited, which has a number of subsidiaries within Estate Agency and Surveying as well as the Financial Services sector, reporting toe the Sales Ledger Manager.
Debtors are both private individuals and companies and it is for this reason that the successful candidate will have experience in dealing with both types of debtor. This will be a challenging role for someone who enjoys inputting payments, collecting debt, solving issues and improving procedures.
Main Duties will include:
- Proactively chasing Estate Agency Fees for Chapter Taurus, via email, letters and phone calls through to Litigation
- Work as an interface between the Group Finance Credit Control area and the Branches through to Director Level
- Answering the telephone and dealing with incoming queries from Branches and Customers
- Investigating any discrepancies with invoices and receipts and processing credit notes or requesting refunds further to obtaining the correct authorisation
- Processing card payments
- Accurate inputting of cheques and bank receipts daily for all Ledgers
- Finding cases where customers have breached the terms and conditions of our contracts, collate evidence and invoice accordingly
- To liaise with the Sales Ledger Manager re queries and other problems collecting debt
- To ensure that timetables are adhered to and that financial information produced is accurate, reliable, consistent and reconciled
Candidates Attributes should include:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally
- Confident communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Understanding of Sales Ledger and Credit Control Procedures
- Microsoft Office PC Skills including Excel and Word
- Ability to work well under pressure
You are legally entitled to live and work in the UK in accordance to the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. (Please Note: you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK via proof of address, identity and NI prior to a formal offer of employment).
What is my next step?
Applying is easy - have your CV ready and click on the "Apply Online" button on the top right-hand side of this page. We aim to respond to all candidates, successful or not. You will hear back from a member of our Talent Acquisition Team within 10 working days.
Equal Opportunities: At Spicerhaart, variety makes our Company DNA come to life. We love people - and what's more - we love the differences that make each person who they are and we support you and encourage those differences to make you the best person you can be. Spicerhaart are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we welcome all talented individuals to apply for a career with us. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let our Talent Team know.
To all recruitment agencies: Spicerhaart does not accept speculative agency CVs. Please do not forward CVs to our Talent Team, Spicerhaart employees or any other company location. Spicerhaart is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.