Share your passion, boost your CV and make a difference in your community. Flexible paid work placements throughout June-September with NCS!
Salary: £110 per day (1 or 2 day placements)
Location: Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester & Lancashire.
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, and inspire young people to boost their skills, embrace social enterprise and make a difference in their communities.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
Creative Workshop Facilities run weekly two-day workshops, working with a new cohort of up to 84 young people each week. Supported by the Team Mentors, our facilitators share their expertise in digital storytelling, creative media, and/or social enterprise and start-up skills, with the aim of the young people taking their new skills forward as they design and deliver a series of social action projects.
The facilitators also support teams of young people in their visits to local community organisations and charities, such as nursing homes, care homes and respite centers, encouraging teams to use their new skills to communicate and engage with these groups.
Other responsibilities include:
- Adapting the set curriculum to make it accessible & engaging for a large, diverse audience
- Using basic equipment & technology (e.g. point-and-shoot cameras, smartphone apps & editing software) in innovative ways to teach digital storytelling
- Build a positive rapport with the Team Mentors and work collaboratively to ensure all young people are engaged and included
- Experience of facilitating groups and following set curriculums
- Experience of working with young people
- Ability to adapt sessions and content to make it engaging and inclusive for difference audiences
- Background knowledge in either or both: social enterprise (development, marketing & pitching) or digital/creative storytelling (we will train you further in the NCS curriculum
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and flexible at short notice
This non-residential role is perfect for experienced facilitators and/or freelancers, with the confidence and charisma to fully engage and teach large audiences.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Read the full job description at https://ncs.the-challenge.org/jobs/short-term-summer-roles/inspire/ncs-creative-workshop-facilitator /
£110 - £220 per 1-2 day placement (option for multiple placements)