CONTRACT OR TEMP TO PERM
Location Pearlfisher London
A key role within a future-focused design company, designing for influential and high-profile brands.
We need you to
Work through the lens of “design for life” to help create distinctive brands with meaning and longevity, from powerful identities to experiential worlds, specifically for our emerging Chinese client base but with exposure to all projects.
This role requires the highest level of
Conceptual thinking / Passion / Motivation / Talent
You will show us that you have
- Fluent written and spoken Mandarin and a good level of spoken English.
- Previous experience of working in a UK creative agency.
- A diverse and beautiful portfolio that tells the story from idea generation to recognisable results,
- with excellent use of Chinese typography.
- A strong and varied range of illustration style.
- Strong branding and strategic skills and an ability to demonstrate connected thinking from strategic thinking to conceptual output.
You will definitely need to be
- An original thinker.
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly both internally and externally.
- Motivated to succeed, with an award-winning mentality and approach.
- Able to take direction from all angles without losing sight of the original brief and goals.
- A champion of logical, strategic approach to design.
- A natural collaborator.
The bare minimum we need from you is
At least three years’ experience working within a creative agency and working towards Senior Designer level.
And the technical skills we'd appreciate are
A good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to
Packaging and identity briefs and some exposure to motion and digital
The role in detail
As a Creative Designer (with Mandarin), you will be measured on:
- Bring enthusiasm and energy to your role, whilst motivating others to do the same thing.
- Take direction well from the Design Director/Creative Director and lead the team to creative excellence.
- Own smaller medium-sized projects with little, or no input from the Design Director and demonstrate exceptional creative, strategic thinking and problem-solving in your work.
- Generate and create standout ideas on every project and recognise and nurture standout ideas with those more junior in your teams.
- Work closely with the lead strategist and Design Director and bring a strong voice to the creation of engaging and sharp design strategies. In turn, champion and maintain the strategic direction on all projects and show how your ideas clearly connect to (and from) this.
- Clearly communicate your strategic ideas and demonstrate how this links to the design expression through storytelling and visual and verbal narrative that seamlessly points the brain.
- Where possible, present your work to clients alongside the Design Director/Creative Director.
- Champion the creative brief across all projects and ensure work seamlessly connects to and from the brief and removes as much subjectivity as possible from our work.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Realisation process and continually seek opportunities to realise brands in the most sustainable way possible.
- Collaborate closely with the Design Director to align on clear and compelling creative directions for your work, ensuring Pearlfisher maintains the highest design standards, with the aim of delivering award-winning, effective work on every project.
- Collaborate closely with the Design Director, the lead strategist and the client management team to define strong, aligned responses and points of view to clients requests and briefs.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, helping build their brands and business, driving forward the creative excellence and reputation of Pearlfisher and being instrumental in developing and growing existing client accounts by identifying opportunities.
- Manage expectations upwards to the Design Director on the accounts you are working on, ensuring you show your aptitude for strategy, for creative excellence and for championing the creative brief through the team.
- Collaborate and align across the business to build robust, pointed, strategic opinions and design expressions.
- Work in a connected, agile and imaginative way with the broader Pearlfisher team.
iii. Thinking broader
- Demonstrate broad lateral thinking routed in references beyond the design world.
- Adhere to Pearlfisher Compliance principles when creating all support material, internal and external presentations and final files.
- Demonstrate a self-awareness and the ability to communicate up and down.
- Demonstrate a responsibility on projects and a willingness and ability to deliver the highest level of creativity at every stage of the project.
- Demonstrate your investment and increased responsibility on projects alongside the creative lead.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.