Here at Parker Steel we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated Crane Engineer to join our busy Maintenance team at our Canterbury site. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 dependent on skills and experience.
Hours: Will be flexible but may include some shift working to complete planned maintenance and breakdowns.
At Parker Steel we supply a wide variety of steel and aluminium products to industries across the south of England. In an industry with tight deadlines, we take the stress out of procurement. Our one stop steel shop allows our customers to order their steel stock, processed material, steelwork fittings, fasteners and much more in a single call, allowing a more tailored, focused and personalised service than ever before.
The responsibilities as our Crane Engineer role include:
Maintaining the Cranes and Gantries on our site in Canterbury; there are nearly 30 cranes on site which are predominantly 5 to 10T Single. You will be required to support a programme of planned routine inspections, remedial work and predictive work to achieve safe, reliable performance of our cranes. Longer term objectives include the reduction of downtime and reduction in maintenance cost through improvement initiatives driven by the individual and supported by the engineering team.
Whilst the main purpose of the role is planned work the candidate will need good fault-finding skills and be able to respond to breakdowns and support the rest of the engineering team.
The role has an expectation of shift-based working although predominately the role will be days. The role may occasionally require travel to other sites and working remotely
What are we looking for in our Crane Engineer?
- Experience of working within the crane industry
- Experience of inspection and repair of hoists and crane gantries including fault finding on electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience of isolation and lock off procedures
- Be able to work at heights
- Have the ability to read schematics and engineering drawings
- Be able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Be willing to work on their own initiative and within a team
- IT literate and be able to communicate information
- UK driving licence
- Experience of Demag Hoists
- Experience of conductor systems
- Able to Weld and basic machining/hand fitting skills
- Flexible working
- Knowledge of LOLER regulations
- IPAF Certification although training can be given
- Apprenticed served or good documented core engineering skill set
- Experience of mobile Plant
Whilst we are interested in candidates with strong previous experience a candidate with a solid engineering base knowledge, a good attitude and aptitude to learn may be of consideration for development.
What we can offer you as our Crane Engineer:
- Training and Career Progression
- Company Pension
- Life insurance
If you have the requirements listed to become our Crane Engineer, please click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!