Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentThe Covenants Team is globally integrated, with professionals located in London, Singapore and New York. It analyses and publishes its findings on bond and loan document protections for investors, as well as a variety of in-depth industry focused, regional, and long-term trend reports. Its reports are closely followed by most leading global investors, and are heavily quoted in the financial press.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will provide day-to-day support to the VP – senior covenant officer in London by:
- Drafting Covenant Quality Assessments, which provide a detailed analysis of the negative covenants and other significant investor protections in all material high yield bonds issued into the European market. This requires fluency in English, and the following core skills:
- ability to write reports for sophisticated investors
- ability to identify and understand complex legal concepts;
- ability to summarise those concepts for investor, in an easily digestible format
- Drafting topical and trend-related research on the high yield bond and leveraged loan markets
- Maintaining the European covenant databases and assisting in the maintenance of the global covenant database
- Preparing statisticalgraphs, tables and spreadsheets to allow analysis of covenant trends, in conjunction with senior team members
- Generating research slide decks for use in external and internal meetings
- Fielding investor queries regarding Covenant Quality Assessments and other published research
- Being an active team member in ad hoc projects
- Working with global team members, as required
- Speculative grade debt capital markets experience from a bank (documentation/transaction management team required) or law firm
- Strong academics with a BA/BSc (Hons)
- Fluency in English and a second language helpful, but not essential
- Microsoft EXCEL and PowerPoint Skills
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and FACTSET
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Source : Moody's Investors Service, Inc.