We are looking for someone to join our superb team as a Court Custody Manager. Based from our court locations in Leicester, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join our great team.
GEOAmey provide safe and secure transportation and custody services for prisoners and young people across the UK, providing a vital public service. Having recently been awarded a further 10 year contract; we are seeking people to join our successful organisation where no two days are the same!
We are a professional organisation who take pride in providing the very highest level of care to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing and welfare of those in our custody. You will be truly making a difference every day, be part of a great team and will receive ongoing training and development. We take pride in our diversity and equality as demonstrated by our partnerships with charities MIND, Barnardo’s and Stonewall who influence and help improve our approach and policies.
As a Court Custody Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team to provide a safe environment within the custodial areas of the court for prisoners to ensure their welfare in compliance with all contractual requirements and ensure all GEOAmey Policy and procedures are implemented to achieve business objectives.
In order to achieve this, as our Court Custody Manager you will need to:
- Ensure the Custodial Areas are safe, secure and in adherence with GEO Amey policy.
- Lead, manage and coach team members within the Court.
- Daily allocation of staff to meet the operational task, and ensuring full optimisation of resources including maintaining Kronos.
- Ensure that GEOtrack is correctly completed using the technology provided.
- Daily briefings are completed before commencement of each shift.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are managed, updated and communicated where necessary.
- Health and Safety Inspections and Risk Assessment of areas within their control.
- Process data and generate management reports as directed by ABM.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies within their area.
- Ensure all staff are up to date with mandatory contractual training requirements and work with the training team to coordinate training courses and refreshers.
- Liaise with all external stakeholders as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved and mutual understanding and co-operation is achieved.
- Must read the Weekly Operations Update every week and all other communications from the Company to keep up to date with regular updates to Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practices.
In order to be successful in your application as a Court Custody Manager we require the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines.
- A flexible team player who can support the wider Operations team as and when required.
- Up to date knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and GEOAmey Policies.
- Strong persuading and influencing skills and a positive and practical attitude.
- Relevant IT skills.
- Ability to think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment.
- Organisation and planning skills.
- Effective Management of People and Coaching Skills.
- Effective Problem solving
All roles within GEOAmey are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring both Ministry of Justice Enhanced Level Clearance and an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
Apply now to secure your future and become our Court Custody Manager!