Job Title: Country Manager
Location: IPS Structural Adhesives– Washington, Tyne and Wear, UK
Reports to: Division President
Reports to: Division President
About the Company:
IPS Adhesives (SCIGRIP,https://www.scigripadhesives.com/ ) is a global supplier of smart adhesive solutions, delivers the latest advancements in bonding systems and adhesive chemistry for the most demanding applications. With a dedicated research and development team, we excel at offering customers unique bonding requirements and help to improve component aesthetics, optimize part design and increase productivity.
The focus of the Country Manager role is to oversee and improve UK operations while maintaining consistency and alignment with business unit strategy. The Country Manager will oversee all aspects of business operations, developing and meeting annual budgets, profit targets, sales and growth plans for the region in alignment with strategic objectives of the business unit. Developing, recruiting and training staff will be key to the Country Manager’s success. This role is entrusted with the full accountability to run the business in the UK to support and gain customers across Europe. The role must inspire different internal and external stakeholders to achieve the required business goals determined mutually between you and the business unit leadership. This role will need to use a variety of business tools to respond to voice of the customer in the region, to promote IPSA products and increase the IPSA’s market share in Europe.
All functional areas in Europe will report to the Country Manager role, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, R&D, Finance, and Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Develop Operational Plans for the UK
- Plan, direct and continuously assess UK operational activities to ensure progress towards business goals, sales objectives and financial targets.
- Represents the company externally with government, statutory/regulatory bodies and business partners/allies.
- Deploy continuous improvement methodologies and lean initiatives based on KPIs.
- Working through the team and in alignment with Business Unit Strategy, develops and implements strategies to market IPSA products and improve sales performance in all European markets.
- Drives the team to identify and create valuable solutions to customer problems which may include adding new services or developing new products.
- Communicate and influence key decision makers in sales transactions as needed.
- Create and present reports regarding budgets, sales growth or declines, quality issues, new business leads and regulatory compliance
- Oversee the hiring, training and professional development of staff in the UK working with the local HR resource
- Ensures timely communication, coordination and execution between in-country locations and other IPS corporation locations.
- Lead and ensure success of all functional roles in UK and across Europe, including but not limited to Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Product Management and Operations.
- Collaborate with the Business Unit President to organize the human resources in the region in a fashion that responds best to Voice of the Customer and makes the best use of resources.
- Constant market research to collect data or information (e.g. competitor activities)
- Understand and interpret systems/policies laid down by IPS corporation to subordinates to facilitate understanding and compliance
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an operational leadership role with P&L responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Chemistry, Manufacturing or other related discipline. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing business plans and goals.
- Proven history of profit and loss management to maximize financial performance.
- Demonstrated competency in hiring, developing and leading employees to achieve corporate and personal objectives.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Superior presentation/public speaking skills.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Must be able to travel 30% to 60% of the time