Do you have a reputation for being a pioneer, embracing and creating change, raising the bar and making things happen? Or perhaps you just dare to think big? In that case we want to hear from you!
Introducing Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company headquartered in Belgium and with a growing commercial presence across the top 5 EU.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
The time has come to bring our first product to patients in the UK and in order to do this, we are delighted to announce the set-up of our UK affiliate. We always aim high; our goal is to have the best launch in our therapy area in the last 5 years across Europe. We have the financial security to make this happen and now we need you to help us realise our ambition. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the successful candidate to make a huge impact in shaping the organisation from the outset and making a difference.
We are therefore looking for a Legal Counsel to join the UK business.
Scope of the role:
We are looking for a senior legal counsel in the UK with experience in commercial contracts and B2B activities, to reinforce the Galapagos remote legal team supporting the UK organisation.
- Serve as the “go to” (and for now ‘solo’) legal representative for the commercial and medical affairs team in the UK.
- Provide legal advice on market access, and promotion and commercialisation of medicinal products.
- Provide training to commercial operations staff regarding legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the biopharmaceutical industry
- Proactively collaborate with the commercial and medical affairs team on new as well as ongoing commercial strategies, thereby identifying and analysing legal risks and proposing appropriate actions to secure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, and policies.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements relevant to Galapagos’ UK affiliate operations.
- Manage commercial disputes and assist with litigation matters
- As a legal counsel for the UK, you will report to the legal head for commercial and medical affairs. You will also work within this team on joint projects
- Support the UK team in navigating the implications of Brexit
- Advise on specific legal requirements pertinent to the UK environment, where necessary with support from specialist advisers