Anglia Revenues Partnership has multiple opportunities available for Council Tax Billing Officer team members to join us based primarily in Thetford with roles also available in Lowestoft, Melton and March. You will join us on a full time basis and in return will receive a salary of £17,972 - £23,122 per annum.
As our Council Tax Billing Officer you will work within a team responsible for the collection of Council Tax and the award of Council Tax Support. We have a number of posts available based in any of our offices in Thetford, Lowestoft, Melton and March with permanent positions available, as well as a temporary contract until August 2019.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Council Tax Billing Officer:
- Be familiar with Council Tax regulations, Local Council Tax Reduction schemes and current processes and procedures
- Compiling and maintaining records regarding the occupation and ownership of property and Council Tax Reduction, ensuring that the correct information is extracted from letters, emails, claim forms, survey forms, service requests, etc.
- Determining applications for discounts, exemptions, disregards and reductions after gathering all relevant information and verifying the circumstances of the case
- Using secure DWP systems to check, download and process confidential information
- Assist in the review of all discounts, exemptions and reductions
- Setting up different payment methods as required ensuring compliance with Direct Debit rules as necessary
- Deal with customer correspondence and enquiries in person, by email, by telephone or by letter, providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times
Skills and experience required to become our Council Tax Billing Officer:
- Good general education – GCSE grades A-C or 1-5 in English and Maths or relevant qualifications/experience
- Knowledge of computer packages, including Microsoft Suite and have sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers effectively
- Ability to work accurately whilst understanding the importance of meeting strict deadlines
- Must be able to work to personal and team targets
- Ability to gather and analyse facts and information
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of customer care
- Demonstrate ability to deal with customer enquiries in an appropriate, diplomatic and professional manner
- Be able to remain calm during stressful circumstances
In return for joining us, we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Interested? If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as our new Council Tax Billing Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 20 February 2019, interviews week commencing 25 February 2019.